Cycling in Level 3 Lockdown?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can find a sticker for you top tube, even better!!!

Don't all pros still have their frame stickers attached and Jetline Action Photo numbers on their helmets.? :D

I did indeed. No helping people who's longest ever ride was 20km to make it round this year! IT'S ON!

What's on this year??! ????

For a second I thought you meant the race might happen...

What's on this year??! ????

For a second I thought you meant the race might happen...

Logged on to check up on the Stanford Classic ....

Their website still shows this as going ahead ....

Having missed out on this one in 2020 due to a bust knee this IS on my bucket list ....

For a brief moment my hart took over and wanted to go ...

Then my brain re-engaged ... damn .... bucket list will wait for 2022 .... unless I can somehow get my grubby paws on some vaccine ...

ahaha the reactions in the comments... I'm sure if the vaccine came from europe it would be at least 50/50 if not more to the positive.

I'm really not against the vaccine even though I don't feel I need it being young and not vulnerable, at least not in priority, but a vaccine from india, with all the corruption stories in the past, wow I wouldn't want to be the first to have it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecPDAqiZL2A

ahaha the reactions in the comments... I'm sure if the vaccine came from europe it would be at least 50/50 if not more to the positive.

I'm really not against the vaccine even though I don't feel I need it being young and not vulnerable, at least not in priority, but a vaccine from india, with all the corruption stories in the past, wow I wouldn't want to be the first to have it !

Young and not vulnerable... this new strain doesn't care. My wife is signing 5 death certificates a day at the moment, and she says there are just as many young and otherwise healthy as there are old, obese, and unhealthy.

I got Covid a while back, not too bad to be honest, but it really seems like it a lottery and you are either lucky or in some small amount of cases not lucky.

I'll take it...

PS, not posting this to start a for or against vaccines argument or aim a comment specifically at you, just my view on things right now.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Young and not vulnerable... this new strain doesn't care. My wife is signing 5 death certificates a day at the moment, and she says there are just as many young and otherwise healthy as there are old, obese, and unhealthy.

I got Covid a while back, not too bad to be honest, but it really seems like it a lottery and you are either lucky or in some small amount of cases not lucky.

I'll take it...

PS, not posting this to start a for or against vaccines argument, just my view on things right now.

Friend working in a local private hospital made the same comment. LOTS of seriously sick, and dying, young people in the second wave.

Also, across all ages, lots of deaths of people no other medical conditions.

Do I get naan with my Covid Tikka Masala? 

I'll take it...

PS, not posting this to start a for or against vaccines argument or aim a comment specifically at you, just my view on things right now.

For now from what I hear/read my understanding is that there's no proof that it is more deadly for the young than it was before, it's just that it spreads A LOT more among the young, so mechanicaly more of them die.

But most of the news I watch is french so they don't really talk about the SA strain mostly the UK one, so I might be wrong (probably am :thumbdown: ). Also maybe it is just so new they don't really know and don't want to cause panic. But I also know a few people who had it and had a rough time. Until the second wave I knew 0 people who had it in SA. Only in France... Scary ****.

Either way, I don't mind at all being vaccined as I'm all for reducing the chances, even if they are already low, just don't trust India and/or our politicians at all on their decision making very much :D

Edited by Jbr

I'll take it...

Correct, my sis in law is a doc at Lenmed and told me the same thing last week. Minimum 5 deaths a day.

I'll take it...

If you're young and healthy, others will be ahead in the line and that is as it should be. However, in the long term we need around 2/3s of the population vaccinated to reach herd immunity. The young and healthy are the most likely to spread the virus, especially if asymptomatic, so I am certainly going to take it as soon as it becomes available to me (after all the priority groups of course).

As a young and healthy person myself, I am not worried, but have been as careful as possible in order to protect the vulnerable. Amongst them my own parents, who on the other hand don't seem to be worried much at all. My dad, 65, less than half-lung capacity, doesn't think he is in a risk group as it is only old and sick people who should be worried :eek: ... Many from that generation only listen when threatened with no contact to grand children :-)

The polio vaccine was rolled out 6 months after I got hit by the virus . I was lucky in that I had it mildly.

I still ended up with a thinner , shorter right leg and arm. 

So I will not be an anti COVID vaccine advocate.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this email :

Entries for the NamedSport Boland 100 Miler Road Race, which takes place on 18 April, are filling up swiftly.

We’re just as excited as you are to get back on the bike and all indications are that we’re going to get to a full field of 450 riders soon. Ultra distance road racing is alive and well in South Africa!

Remember entries are limited to 450 riders.

gotta love the irony ....  :whistling:

Does one need a mask when riding if not planning on stopping for coffee etc?

You haven't ridden since Christmas? Or only coffee rides for a month?