Cycling in Level 3 Lockdown?

Wondering if this will impact on the call for the January Trans Baviaans .....

With everybody returning home in the next 10 days, no real chance for the numbers to magically drop by 14 January .... cant see how the Level 3 will be lifted on the 15th .....

So sorry for those that put in the effort to prepare for this event .... both riders and organisers.

Doing TB in January in the Karoo heat ?

Edited by Prince Albert Cycles

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a spin out to Melkbos this morning and the vast majority of people were masked up.

What did blow my mind was the increase in law enforcement along the route and beach areas .... from hardly ever seeing them to the higher level of patrols is very obvious, hope they keep this vigilance up once the restrictions are lifted!

So no cycling in groups according to CSA, I can see cyclists complying with that ... [emoji41]ecb87d8ad45120c254a252cf56a5b283.jpg

Not sure the groups part is accurate. From what I remember small groups of 4/6 are ok, provided masks are on and distancing is applied.

Not sure the groups part is accurate. From what I remember small groups of 4/6 are ok, provided masks are on and distancing is applied.

csa got the radius of treason wrong as well.

groups were allowed in Level 3, restricted to family groups or people from the same household.

Cops didn't bother with small groups then and I doubt they will now because its safe to ride in groups.

didn't stop large dirt roadie groups riding 6 abreast at 6am...

Cycling ....

Bike parks ....

Covid level 3 ....

Our lovely fellow riders ....

Most interesting day at the local trail .....

In the parking area we put on our masks .... took out the bikes, got the computers going .... one person walked up to the car next to us .... he saw our masks, pulled up his mask. I thanked him.

Riding the trails most had buffs around the neck. The two dual direction spots we pulled our masks when passing others.

At the coffee spot, actually the most masks I have seen throughout the year. Actually many was wearing masks at the outside tables.

But this is SA .... just had to be the one that walked up to the coffee counter without his mask ... unfortunately I was busy paying and waiting for my coffee .... so I asked if he would please pull up his buff .... nope !!! Asked a second time, he thought it better to start cursing at me, rather than pull up his buff .... what a mature reaction ....

During the next two hours many more people used the facility. All using their masks, without anybody having to ask them.

Thanks to the 99% for doing your bit.

Edited by ChrisF

Cycling ....

Bike parks ....

Covid level 3 ....

Our lovely fellow riders ....

Most interesting day at the local trail .....

In the parking area we put on our masks .... took out the bikes, got the computers going .... one person walked up to the car next to us .... he saw our masks, pulled up his mask. I thanked him.

Riding the trails most had buffs around the neck. The two dual direction spots we pulled our masks when passing others.

At the coffee spot, actually the most masks I have seen throughout the year. Actually many was wearing masks at the outside tables.

But this is SA .... just had to be the one that walked up to the coffee counter without his mask ... unfortunately I was busy paying and waiting for my coffee .... so I asked if he would please pull up his buff .... nope !!! Asked a second time, he thought it better to start cursing at me, rather than pull up his buff .... what a mature reaction ....

During the next two hours many more people used the facility. All using their masks, without anybody having to ask them.

Thanks to the 99% for doing your bit.

Always get the one. There's a chap in Pretoria who thought he was a meneer by wearing his with a Swastika emblem, during level 5/4.

Was outed though and management of the store barred the thing. Apparently. 

We took a drive with the family this morning - quite a few cyclists out and about in the strong south easter.

Lots of cops and law enforcement personnel too.

We were somewhat amazed watching a cyclist being pulled over and reprimanded for not having his buff pulled up in Kalk Bay.

Two kite boarders at Misty Cliffs were having a jol. Surfer at Kommetjie was reprimanded by a policeman upon his exit from the water. All other beaches seemed quiet apart from a few guys fishing or pumping prawns here and there.

We took a drive with the family this morning - quite a few cyclists out and about in the strong south easter.

Lots of cops and law enforcement personnel too.

We were somewhat amazed watching a cyclist being pulled over and reprimanded for not having his buff pulled up in Kalk Bay.

Two kite boarders at Misty Cliffs were having a jol. Surfer at Kommetjie was reprimanded by a policeman upon his exit from the water. All other beaches seemed quiet apart from a few guys fishing or pumping prawns here and there.

Seem more than a few surfers out at Kom and surrounding areas. Still trying to work out if jumping off the rocks or paddling out through the harbour at Inner Kom' bypasses the restrictions as it's 1) not a beach and 2) I'm in the sea but I'm guessing that isn't in the 'spirit' of the restrictions. 

I see most of Langebaan and Club Mykanos are copping heat for hitting the beach, fishing and generally carrying with business as usual. 

Seem more than a few surfers out at Kom and surrounding areas. Still trying to work out if jumping off the rocks or paddling out through the harbour at Inner Kom' bypasses the restrictions as it's 1) not a beach and 2) I'm in the sea but I'm guessing that isn't in the 'spirit' of the restrictions. 

I see most of Langebaan and Club Mykanos are copping heat for hitting the beach, fishing and generally carrying with business as usual. 

is Langebaan a Hotspot?

did you not only finish the short route event? :P

Hahaha. Truthfully I got a medal last year but I was so kerk slow that I wasn't listed in the results!

Hahaha. Truthfully I got a medal last year but I was so kerk slow that I wasn't listed in the results!

At least you finished so you can write about it :P

At least you finished so you can write about it :P

I did indeed. No helping people who's longest ever ride was 20km to make it round this year! IT'S ON!