Biogen advert

In the end it was arguably successful marketing...Whether they intended it this way or not.

We are still talking about it. - “There is no such thing as bad publicity”

still not going to buy their sugar water, so no, not successful marketing 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to. The brand is being spoken about and is receiving eyeballs lol

* Everybody, (even EFF members) still buys from clicks even though they were outraged about the alleged racist shampoo advert last year. Clicks got way more exposure from a brand point of view then what that advert was supposed to ever achieve. So that was arguably a NET win for them.

Edited by morneS555

Funny thing though.

We did buy their Magnesium Fizzy last week. Next time round, I'll pick a different fizzy, I have a couple of options.

So yes, you are right. It is debatable as to whether it was successful or not.

You win some, you lose some. They won't go out of business because of this. But the money spent on this advert is maybe not going to give them satisfactory reward.

Next time round, I'll pick a different fizzy, I have a couple of options.

are you not happy with theirs or is it just because they hurt your feelings ?

as cringy as the video is (I don't see how it is an ad, they don't even talk of the products), I use their bum cream just because it's much cheaper than the others and works well, not gonna stop buying it for some jokes

Edited by Jbr

are you not happy with theirs or is it just because they hurt your feelings ?

as cringy as the video is (I don't see how it is an ad, they don't even talk of the products), I use their bum cream just because it's much cheaper than the others and works well, not gonna stop buying it for some jokes

Its all the same to me, I can pick from a range of products, I have zero preference in the field of supplements. I picked theirs the last time round because it was on special. Next time round I'll just pick the product next to theirs.

Not doing this to spite them, but I don't identify with the brand they are portraying.

Am I allowed to do that or am I partaking in #CancelCulture?

PS. Honest Question, not rhetoric.

would you buy any sugar water snake oil chemical cocktail supplement based on a marketing campaign?

I wouldn't (and you probably wouldn't either), so I don't think we are the target market.

In the end it was arguably successful marketing...Whether they intended it this way or not.

We are still talking about it. - “There is no such thing as bad publicity”

Part of me was wondering if the ad was intentionally bad to make it go viral.

But given the response to Philip and all the ads being pulled I have my doubts that this was the intention..

But given the response to Philip and all the ads being pulled I have my doubts that this was the intention..

nandos do it all the time :ph34r:

* and now they have such a cult following that they dont even need TV time. the people come looking for their "banned" adverts on youtube lol 

Edited by morneS555

* Everybody, (even EFF members) still buys from clicks even though they were outraged about the alleged racist shampoo advert last year. Clicks got way more exposure from a brand point of view then what that advert was supposed to ever achieve. So that was arguably a NET win for them.

We picked up alot of traffic yesterday from it as well and people asking if we were involved, so helped us out as well :P

Also people have asked if we got it pulled down for copyright infringement  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Edited by Pure Savage

They could have written a better script and still poked fun at MTB'ers and would not have had to pull it because it was cringe.

They should have watched this or just made this in a Cape Town accent:

They could have written a better script and still poked fun at MTB'ers and would not have had to pull it because it was cringe.

They should have watched this or just made this in a Cape Town accent:

Panther punch should have taken the 5 min to watch it and actually make a viral video.