Biogen advert

Who are the two in the video in any case? Are they riders? 

They should stick to riding, and not making videos.

They were tagged in the original tweet, I went to look at their twitter profiles. Low key comedians.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag dammit I missed it :(

Don't be sorry.

None of us who had seen it will ever be the same again.

We may be few, but like the survivors of the Stalingrad siege, we will take the trauma to our graves.

Edited by eddy

post-24416-0-99113800-1612252420_thumb.png

AFAIK only Morne found it vaguely amusing. Which by using quick Hub Thread response deduction, means that it indeed was not comedy.

I like how the comedian, in response to Philip's tweet goes for the "Sorry you didn't get it" as if that was some form of "Higher intellectual Comedy"  that will only appeal to those one or two people with the keenest sense of humor.

The fact that it was posted, and subsequently removed in a short spanse of time, attests, that the majority of the viewer base does in fact not share the keen sense of humor as the creators/comedians do.

They were tagged in the original tweet, I went to look at their twitter profiles. Low key comedians.

Glen is pretty decent. Was in Tali's wedding diary.

Also the guy behind My Octopus teacher 2.0

But this was crap

Holy crap.

I've completely forgotten about Max Knox

His ban was done and the hype was over very quickly. I was following the hub closely at the time and seems other interesting topics must have popped up to allow his ban to slide slowly under the carpet.

Just feel they really missed the vibe completely here.

For those that missed it, here is a high level pitch:

- 2 boets chatting about their "savage" MTB they do.

- Talk about how could MTB before MTB

- Shots of them pretending to be hardcore dressed in Biogen kit with gopro's on and really really ragey.

- Talking about Tankwa being cancelled, frothing over day 1 or Merino monster being their favourite.

- Shots of them taking the chicken line but shouting "Savage"

- Asked about 'cyclists' - road cyclists. Boet goes into made rage and throw back to an incident in the past.

- Incident is a road telling the MTB have a good ride, then it escalates to both the roadie and MTB shouting "have a good ride" to one another in middle of the road. Untill a lady in a car arrives and asks them to move, then in their Biogen and FA kit go and verbally abuse the lady in the car. 

- Then back to present when they get asked my the person behind camera about their jumps, then build a jump with 2 small logs, both then chicken out and crash anyway, shouting "Savage" 

-Get asked why the wear Gopro's, Its cause they can relive the Savageness.

All in all, pretty cringy. There is plenty of funny actual humour to use which is tongue in cheek, but no, they went this route.

Snaaksie.PNG

AFAIK only Morne found it vaguely amusing. Which by using quick Hub Thread response deduction, means that it indeed was not comedy.

I like how the comedian, in response to Philip's tweet goes for the "Sorry you didn't get it" as if that was some form of "Higher intellectual Comedy" that will only appeal to those one or two people with the keenest sense of humor.

The fact that it was posted, and subsequently removed in a short spanse of time, attests, that the majority of the viewer base does in fact not share the keen sense of humor as the creators/comedians do.

True, I did...but I also mostly didnt really find it as offensive as some here are making out. It was a bad attempt at comedy but it wasn't blasphemy or anything (i laugh at that too btw..i’m bad like that ). I saw what they were trying to achieve...and yes it failed miserably but meh. Maybe i’m just not serious enough...or maybe i never grew up. I still laugh at d1ckjokes afterall. In the end it didn't effect me in any way or form. I laughed at the sterotypes. There were plenty. How anyone can claim it is “worst thing they ever seen” need to expand their horizons lol.

I do me, don't really care about what the group thinks.

Yes I thought it was mildly funny.

Edit: to me the stereotypes were the following:

- guys in spandex being way too serious about their limited skills on mtb.

- guys pretending to be WAY hardcore mtb’rs but cant even jump a log.

- guys bragging about riding double black trails but actually riding chicken lines.

- guys bragging about riding an epic or tankwa even though they couldnt even finish it or get past day one.

- guys with more money and kit than skill

- mtb guys that dislike roady guys because thats what convention dictates

The funniest part about that was...we all probably know or have met someone like this.

Edited by morneS555

And then finally to ad to the top about stereotypes...i found it mildly funny that they were wearing sport supplement kit and boasting about how ‘awesome’ they are in southern Jhb/Alberton accents.

Have none of you met or seen the EFC-Tapout- USN boets ? Haha

to me the first 4 points are exactly the same, I smiled the first time, then it's 2,5 mins of the same joke, that's what makes it cringy imo, but hey, kuddos for trying, they didn't hurt anyone ;)

In the end it was arguably successful marketing...Whether they intended it this way or not.

We are still talking about it. - “There is no such thing as bad publicity”