[Event] Paarl Mtb Challenge and S.A XCM Champs

Paarl Adventure Trails

Anyone know whether or not you'll be able to fetch entries on the morning? Up to this point event seems super well organised but having to do a 2 hour round trip from Cape Town on a Thursday or Friday is dumb.

They will have collection available on the morning, but it is discouraged. Here is a post from their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Paarlmtbchallenge/posts/244756004066751

Text below for those not on FB.

Late Entries and Number Collection
We have been inundated with requests for late entries as many missed the boat , and then a few requests to collect their
numbers at the start on the morning for those coming from out of town on the day .
Re Number Collection:
We are trying our absolute best to avoid clustered crowds as Covid-19 restrictions are still in place . Having long ques on the morning of people collecting numbers are not allowed, therefore collection has been divided into 2 days at Specialized Paarl for the protection of entrants.
We will have a table at the start on the morning with the numbers not collected at number collection on the Thursday and Friday . If your ONLY option is to collect on the morning then your number will be there ( you do this as your own risk, and please don't forget your signed covid form ) . We just hope that people are considerate and try and collect this week to help with social distancing . We have worked so hard to make this event possible and avoid any risks .
Re Late Entries:
From the start we have tried to make it as clear as possible that entries are VERY limited due to covid restrictions .In the last few weeks we posted constant reminders through the media and on social media about entries filling up fast . We sent out reminders to those who had registered but not paid and again reminded people to enter .
As soon as our limit on entries under current covid level were reached we had no option but to close the portal .More than this we unfortunately could not do .
As event organisers we would love nothing more than to have thousands of people enjoying the Paarl MTB , it would sure help towards the extensive expenses of the event .But this is just not allowed and we trust that if you never managed to get a entry you will understand .
We thank everyone for all the support and assistance to make this event possible in these very trying times and come Saturday , assure everyone we will do our absolute best to make it a special day out for everyone .
Regards
Darren Herbst

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will have collection available on the morning, but it is discouraged. Here is a post from their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Paarlmtbchallenge/posts/244756004066751

Text below for those not on FB.

Late Entries and Number Collection
We have been inundated with requests for late entries as many missed the boat , and then a few requests to collect their
numbers at the start on the morning for those coming from out of town on the day .
Re Number Collection:
We are trying our absolute best to avoid clustered crowds as Covid-19 restrictions are still in place . Having long ques on the morning of people collecting numbers are not allowed, therefore collection has been divided into 2 days at Specialized Paarl for the protection of entrants.
We will have a table at the start on the morning with the numbers not collected at number collection on the Thursday and Friday . If your ONLY option is to collect on the morning then your number will be there ( you do this as your own risk, and please don't forget your signed covid form ) . We just hope that people are considerate and try and collect this week to help with social distancing . We have worked so hard to make this event possible and avoid any risks .
Re Late Entries:
From the start we have tried to make it as clear as possible that entries are VERY limited due to covid restrictions .In the last few weeks we posted constant reminders through the media and on social media about entries filling up fast . We sent out reminders to those who had registered but not paid and again reminded people to enter .
As soon as our limit on entries under current covid level were reached we had no option but to close the portal .More than this we unfortunately could not do .
As event organisers we would love nothing more than to have thousands of people enjoying the Paarl MTB , it would sure help towards the extensive expenses of the event .But this is just not allowed and we trust that if you never managed to get a entry you will understand .
We thank everyone for all the support and assistance to make this event possible in these very trying times and come Saturday , assure everyone we will do our absolute best to make it a special day out for everyone .
Regards
Darren Herbst

Wow, this is why I love the Hub. Didn't think to check Facebook - thank you HenryS! Sending some good karma your way  :clap:

Since I am clearly only 1 of 8 Non-Elite Open Men crazy enough to enter the full 87km/2100m - any Hubbers that will be joining me?   :P

Edited by Cookie88

Me and a friend also doing it,i am also scared, think we are in for a world of hurt, luckily i will not feel bad to take the 60km split off the long route if i feel broken... hehehe

I decided to skip this one and race the superbike instead tomorrow.... the ECU on the damn thing blew and now I regret not entering... not sure I understand correctly, is there late entries on site tomorrow ?

I decided to skip this one and race the superbike instead tomorrow.... the ECU on the damn thing blew and now I regret not entering... not sure I understand correctly, is there late entries on site tomorrow ?

Sounds like it is sold out .... max numbers reached for the event as allowed under covid regs .....

Anyone know whether or not you'll be able to fetch entries on the morning? Up to this point event seems super well organised but having to do a 2 hour round trip from Cape Town on a Thursday or Friday is dumb.

Hi Andrew 

I spoke to the organisers on Monday/Tuesday, and although they have said they would prefer for riders to collect their numbers on Thur/Fri (Covid protocol), they will put all uncollected numbers on a table at the start area, and you'll be able to collect them there. 

I plan on getting there 1 hour before my start to make sure I have enough time to find the table and number... ;)

Edited by Mark James

Well done to Matt Beers!

And wow, Yolande de Villiers, so age is just a number? Incredible to be racing with the younger ladies...