The Women’s WorldTour: News, Updates, Chirps

'Dale

For a Canadian racer to win this legendary race in the north of France is one helluva achievement.

Far from home. In a relatively new team that is settling down in the World Tour with no obvious big stars. And in a long distance break on a course that was extended by about 20 kms.

"It’s a dream come true…. I dream of winning. A lot of times all those dreams have stayed dreams. It’s unreal to make it happen in real life. I have few words.” - Alison Jackson, PR Femmes 2023 winner

E5A94562-35CB-447A-840A-BF1D25C4A323.jpegPic cred @Twitter (team photo)

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

For a Canadian racer to win this legendary race in the north of France is one helluva achievement.

Far from home. In a relatively new team that is settling down in the World Tour with no obvious big stars. And in a long distance break on a course that was extended by about 20 kms.

"It’s a dream come true…. I dream of winning. A lot of times all those dreams have stayed dreams. It’s unreal to make it happen in real life. I have few words.” - Alison Jackson, PR Femmes 2023 winner

E5A94562-35CB-447A-840A-BF1D25C4A323.jpegPic cred @Twitter (team photo)

Well deserved today, she worked super hard in the break. One of the best and most genuine podium presentations I’ve seen as well, awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

La Vuelta

The mountainous finale today with AvV and MoviStar defending a minute or so against a determined DV and SD Worx - wow, beautiful to behold, tough to race.

IMG_0661.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

17 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

La Vuelta

The mountainous finale today with AvV and MoviStar defending a minute or so against a determined DV and SD Worx - wow, beautiful to behold, tough to race.

IMG_0661.jpeg

#MiekItHappen 🏆

28 minutes ago, splat said:

Despite peegate, there was some great racing.
9 seconds on the GC !

Vuelta Femenina 2023 (from Twitter)

I would not want to win a grand tour like that.

“Unspoken Rules” regarding cross winds are: DS’s know or should know they are coming, especially with all the tech in the sport/car. If the leader crashes or flats, then it’s unforeseen circumstances. If they stop for a toilet break at an important part, it’s game on”

4 hours ago, splat said:

Despite peegate, there was some great racing.
9 seconds on the GC !

Vuelta Femenina 2023 (from Twitter)

I cant recall but when a certain rider went for a poop, did the Peleton wait for him? 😝 I think they attacked but because he was the best TT'ist at the time no problem to win the GC eventually.

I was listening to the Lanterne Rouge podcast where they discussed the incident in detail. To summarise, SD Works ****** up massively with tactics. Firstly, not calling Reusser back early to pace Vollering back before they actually hit the climb. What actually happened was by the time Reusser joined them they immediately hit the climb and Vollering obviously dropped Reusser. Then Vollering had to wait for Reusser at the top so she could be paced back. 

They also mentioned that Vollering waited for one of her teammates as well on the side of the road wrt the peebreak instead of carrying on. 

So basically questionable tactics from SD Works and you cannot blame AVV for this. They also had more than enough time to get back on to the group. The fact that the deficit never really went under a min meant the chase was pretty pathetic.

16 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I cant recall but when a certain rider went for a poop, did the Peleton wait for him? 😝 I think they attacked but because he was the best TT'ist at the time no problem to win the GC eventually.

They were on the final climb, the race was on. His timing was bad.

More importantly, he did a #2 faster than the ladies could do a #1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...