Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

Nothing more left to do, just a nutritious supper and good nights sleep. 

good luck to all. 

b.t.w. How does everyone pin their race numbers to their expensive jerseys, I noticed some nasty little holes in my ciovita jersey just now. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Nothing more left to do, just a nutritious supper and good nights sleep. 

good luck to all. 

b.t.w. How does everyone pin their race numbers to their expensive jerseys, I noticed some nasty little holes in my ciovita jersey just now. 

Get yourself some Race Number Magnets, they are not a perfect solution but can be used to substitute some safety pins.

1 minute ago, warick_wrx said:

Get yourself some Race Number Magnets, they are not a perfect solution but can be used to substitute some safety pins.

I haven’t been able to find them for a while. Been looking (kind of). You used to see them at till points at bike shops, now even if you ask for them they don’t have. 

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

I haven’t been able to find them for a while. Been looking (kind of). You used to see them at till points at bike shops, now even if you ask for them they don’t have. 

Try Sportsmans Warehouse, normally in the running section

On 3/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, ChrisF said:

Wondering if we went to the same expo ?

DISCLAIMER - my first CTCT expo, been to various others though.

TENGTOOLS - decent discount on tools.  Bought some very nice tools that I have not seen at other tools suppliers.

Bought some chain lube for 55% of what I paid at the LBS last week.  AND got two small refill bottle free to take on rides.  So that was about a 60% discount on the typical LBS prices.

Nashua is the prime sponsor and has some very interesting exhibits ... many NOT directly cycling related, i.e. their PV display .... still pertinent to the times we live in, and some handy information.

CIOVITA - I got to speak to somebody about my new bib issues ...

Couple of displays of non-main stream bikes.

The one "bike shop" stall was way too busy so I walked past.

Got details of a local cycling clothing manufacturer, and a store where we can actually try on clothing.  They even have kids and adult sizes with matching graphics, only Anatomic used to do that locally.  (As much as I LOVE Anatomic, I wont buy cycling clothing without trying it on)

Got contact details from Holdfast of a local LBS that can supply their parts.  (Had a good laugh about the fact that I live in Bellville, but buy their parts at King Cycles in Worcester)

And YES, I did the newby thing, and bought a CTCT2022 T-shirt. :clap:

LAYOUT of the exhibits was STRANGE to say the least ....

My only almost gripe .... they did not have the CTCT2022 cycling top in my size .... I saw "almost", as I really dont like BLACK tops.

EDIT - actually tried to set up a work inspection close to the stadium this morning .... to be in the area to pop in to buy the CTCT2022 cycling top .... alas, got tied up in the office .....

Completely agree, the expo was pretty decent under the circumstances 

7 hours ago, Kimikaze said:

Where are all the weather experts today? I come here for the latest reliable forecast... and find nothing 🤷‍♀️ 

Starting in 1C (6:45). Help a girl out - rain jacket or just arm warmers?

Wet shoes and socks are possibly the thing I hate most.! 🤔

If I had spotted some booties at Expo I'd probably had bought those even if it was just for tomorrow. 🤣

Can't imagine it being excessively cold tomorrow so warmers and jackets may become a bit too much.

Maybe a layer or two or gilet for core ... 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, warick_wrx said:

Try Sportsmans Warehouse, normally in the running section

Popped into the Tygervalley branch ...

All sold out, race number magnets.  At least they confirmed they do stock it.  So just a matter of getting stock....

MrPrice, next to them, confirmed they do NOT stock this.

10 minutes to closing time .... gent walks to the till with a cycling rain top .... he confirmed, last minute purchase for the Argus ....

Edited by ChrisF

17 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Popped into the Tygervalley branch ...

All sold out, race number magnets.  At least they confirmed they do stock it.  So just a matter of getting stock....

MrPrice, next to them, confirmed they do NOT stock this.

Nifty ... will look at getting some in future ...

Total sports would be the other store to try.

Nowadays I only need it once a year ... guess I'll just dedicate an older jersey where using pins doesn't matter.

30 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Nifty ... will look at getting some in future ...

Total sports would be the other store to try.

Nowadays I only need it once a year ... guess I'll just dedicate an older jersey where using pins doesn't matter.

Now very glad I could not get a CTCT2022 top in my size ....

Though of a series of holes in a new too is not my idea of fun.

Using an older top tomorrow, with the gillet of my preffered top ....

Hoping for the rain to have let up by the time my late start is due ....

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Are you pinning on the shirt or back pockets?

I always pin it on the left and middle pockets keeping the right one free. That’s my nutrition pocket, while spares and phone go in the left/middle pocket.

Hi folks. I have decided to give up my seeded time and rather start quite a bit later with my friend who will be doing his first tour tomorrow. I just wanted to check, can someone confirm whether we are allowed to start later than our allocated them? I recall them saying we could start later last time if we wanted to (and that my timing will just start as soon as I go over the pad thing anyway), but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere this time.

2 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Hi folks. I have decided to give up my seeded time and rather start quite a bit later with my friend who will be doing his first tour tomorrow. I just wanted to check, can someone confirm whether we are allowed to start later than our allocated them? I recall them saying we could start later last time if we wanted to (and that my timing will just start as soon as I go over the pad thing anyway), but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere this time.

Always later, never earlier 💯

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Are you pinning on the shirt or back pockets?

I always pin it on the left and middle pockets keeping the right one free. That’s my nutrition pocket, while spares and phone go in the left/middle pocket.

Pinning to the shirt.