Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, NickGM said:

If a company makes a wet weather lube in a purple container and calls it anything other than Purple Rain then I will not support them.

Now that you put it that way......

Edited by Wannabe

On 3/8/2022 at 10:25 AM, Shebeen said:

image.png.1f1c0247ec2a5fe86c4d2cd248b559ae.png

my super amateur thumbsuck.

this is expected conditions sat 8pm.

south atlantic high (red is in normal place)

purple high pressure cell moving east and yellow moving west, creates a transition zone between them round CTown.

BUT if either of these cells are smaller then we could still see a big south east, particularly round cape point area.

will reassess thursday

good news is that the South easter is almost definitely not the dominant feature here.

bad news is....well. take a raincoat

i think the term to throw around is Cut-Off Low

How disappointing was that expo...... eish

I go every year thinking maybe there will be improvements but alas nothing

10 minutes ago, SoloCyclist said:

How disappointing was that expo...... eish

I go every year thinking maybe there will be improvements but alas nothing

I'm not going this year, but I always wonder what people would want from an expo?

2 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I'm not going this year, but I always wonder what people would want from an expo?

Well here are a few examples

1. Sales on items, not overcharging everything I saw last night could be bought online cheaper

2. Not selling old un-used stock that no one wants (all ex covid stock)

3. Its an "expo" which means exhibition....there was nothing on show ? Expo what's new to cycling etc.

However the organizers also need to look at their fees for space probably too expensive and puts off potential stall holders from taking spaces

14 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

wonder the same thing...

venders have no stock meaning not much to sell and what they do have they cant afford to put on sale. The stuff you need like tyres, tubes etc will not be on sale because well it will get sold anyway.

Most of the time, most don't actually know what they want to buy and think they are going to find crazy deals as if that has ever happened at the Expo!?

For the past few years I have been stocking up on Cadence products from specials at BikeAlot. This year I have my own supplier so I don't expect to a cent. 

20 minutes ago, SoloCyclist said:

Well here are a few examples

1. Sales on items, not overcharging everything I saw last night could be bought online cheaper

2. Not selling old un-used stock that no one wants (all ex covid stock)

3. Its an "expo" which means exhibition....there was nothing on show ? Expo what's new to cycling etc.

However the organizers also need to look at their fees for space probably too expensive and puts off potential stall holders from taking spaces

1. Fair enough.

2. That's all items they have stock on.

3. Also no stock of anything new.

Only things I ever went shopping for at the expo were clothing items where fitting is preferred and even that was rare.

I discovered cracks in my helmet yesterday, so I’ll be trying some on, if they are similar priced to online I’ll get one. 

32 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I discovered cracks in my helmet yesterday, so I’ll be trying some on, if they are similar priced to online I’ll get one. 

Try HJC if they're there. I'm really liking the auto ratchet at the back.

3 hours ago, Wannabe said:

I'm using "White Lightning Wet Ride" (the Purple one) when doing wet rides on my Mtb, so it should suffice for a wet road ride too. Available at most LBS.

3 hours ago, NickGM said:

If a company makes a wet weather lube in a purple container and calls it anything other than Purple Rain then I will not support them.

Purple Rain - check. Now we can get wet’n’wild 👀
Had a voucher at cwc so got it for free😅

53D73775-E88F-458B-838C-FCB029409354.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

Great, your drivetrain will love you in the wet.

Only hassle with it is that it goes on thick (as it should do) and it turns your chain and cassette black. Takes a bit of cleaning to get it shiny again.