'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, babse said:

Wyngaard as in Jonas?

I recon he was just covering Yates and Stoute Woute was always gunning for win in yellow.

I def cant see UAE and poggie chilling wheels today. Going to be lit!

Definitely covering anyone who attempted to try and hang onto the emperors threads. If the yellow skin wasn’t a give away then I have to ask what where the rest thinking? “Oh he’s pitched up for the sprint?”
custom shoes and skin suit I knew I got my fantasy league winner selection wrong 

2 minutes ago, babse said:

Also who & where is this Mat you speak of? Maybe after the tour magazine got him wrong they actually sent his bro instead 🙃

This is a good question. He is listed on the GC but must be hiding behind a tree somewhere 

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

This is a good question. He is listed on the GC but must be hiding behind a tree somewhere 

MvdP is very strangely enough "absent" ...  Surely he is not eyeing the GC?

Is he biding his time or is he just not his usual self?

Just now, TheoG said:

One possibility is that he was earmarked to work for Phillipsen on the three "sprint" stages we just had, but things just didn't work out for them. But maybe he has been given freedom for today, so my anticipation is a MvdP masterclass in riding cobbles... Hopefully Sagan can join him and we can have an epic battle.

10 minutes ago, jimmycool said:

Today's schedule for those who have dstv.

Screenshot_20220706-105809_DStv.jpg

oof, got a 12:00 vehicle hand over scheduled. Customer better be quick and on time, I need to catch the highlights from yesterday.

Just now, Vetplant said:

One possibility is that he was earmarked to work for Phillipsen on the three "sprint" stages we just had, but things just didn't work out for them. But maybe he has been given freedom for today, so my anticipation is a MvdP masterclass in riding cobbles... Hopefully Sagan can join him and we can have an epic battle.

Would like to see Wout in the mix also, but suppose he will be on baby sitting duty today .... 🤪

Listening to Johan Bruyneel's podcast it sounds like he heard a little birdie sing that Wout will be on domestique duty today to protect the Jumbo GC guys.. and apparently MvdP has earmarked today's stage 12 months ago already to go for victory - up until now he has just played lead-out man for his sprinters, and not very well. Pogacar can't just sit in the middle of the bunch today like he did in the previous stages, if he's not up in the top 20 wheels he'll be at risk of dropping time on GC, so I think we can expect some sparks from him/UAE today for the first time this tour.

Edited by JohanDiv

13 minutes ago, TheoG said:

MVDP would certainly relish taking yellow and if he took it from Wout, I'm sure he'll relish that just a bit more even. Keep in mind, he doesn't have to win to do that. He needs 38s. Any time bonuses will aid that. If he hasn't been eyeing this stage for months, I'd be surprised. He still needs to execute, though the only wondering we need to do around that is how spectacular it will look.

Pretty certain Mads Pedersen will have something to say about it all.

Pog's name has been lobbed into the frame for today too. On that day in a Flanders field he did pretty well, but got shown a few tricks on how to finish things off. He's a proper racer, so his eyes will light up if he's in the mix. 

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

I suspect he is managing his effort very carefully after completing the Giro and I reckon he will light up some matches today, hunting those stage wins. He had good form in the first time trial. Wout, having secured more points for the mailot vert competition, will likely take on domestic duties today for JV's GC guys. 

Whatever I conjecture, no doubt that it's gonna be a hornet's nest today in the peloton as teams compete to enter the cobbled sections first, reducing the risk of crashing, injuring and also losing time behind a collapsed segment of the peloton. And, no, it won't be the smooth pavé of Copenhagen; it'll be old dusty farming roads in France. We can expect riders to enter the first cobbled sections at around 15h45. 

Ineos have dominated the cobbled classics recently and will put up a show with Top Ganna and Paris-Roubaix winner Dylan vd Baarle as part of their train. Mads Pederson and Stuyven would want to put Trek' on the podium. I hope that Sagan will animate, of course, and a stage win would be his highest priority this Tour.

Don't blink!spacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, babse said:

Wyngaard as in Jonas?

I recon he was just covering Yates and Stoute Woute was always gunning for win in yellow.

I def cant see UAE and poggie chilling wheels today. Going to be lit!

He was covering yates. he wasn't dropped