Tour de France 2022

'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Frosty said:

He might not be able to stay with Jonas on the Hautecam if Pog attacks.
He's up front, if needed; not the first time a rider has done this.

they generally sit in the break then and save their energy.  Van Aard is driving on the front.  But its Van Aard.  absolute monster.

Beautiful racing, hey.

The dominance of the white and yellow jersey above the rest of the GC contenders, remarkable. Yes, they are protected and given maximum team cover, and, yet, the athleticism. It is week 3, yoh.

Sportmanship in professional sport has been given an impressive boost. Jonas’s act of generosity to the prize fighter, Pogačar, will be remembered for a long time. Wow!

Pic credit: Team Jumbo-Visma

1E363962-89AB-4444-86BB-4BED6C44070E.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Not sure if I heard this properly, but they are speculating that Pog might not attack at Hautecam (against DS's preference)

We'll know in 16km'stime

Edited by Kenosi

11 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

So if WvA wins, and Pinot & Jonas finish outside the top 3, then by my maths he wins the green & the polkadot jersey. Not sure if that has ever been done before.

Edit: Of course, Eddie did it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Tour_de_France

Apparently, if Wout wins and Pinot is 2nd, they will be equal on points, but Wout will win the Jersey on tiebreaker. 

Martinez has the same look of determination when he towed Bernal at last years Giro