Tour de France 2022

'Dale

Louise in 6th an could very well jump ahead of Nairo on the ITT. Depending on his losses to Vlasov he 'could' very well finish in 5th....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

This is one reason I'm a classics/Monuments fan over grand tours. 

These two have definitely brought a different dynamic to the GC battle though. In times past it has often failed to live up to the hype. 

The last couple of editions have been pretty exciting as Pog brings it. He likes to win bike races not just accumulate seconds. 

For this reason I'm expecting some fireworks today. In my very limited capacity, I think he needs to claw back to within a minute to give himself a chance in the ITT an JV will do everything they can to prevent this. 

Vengagaard doesn't need to win anything, he just needs to limit his losses.

…as today showed. Think I’ll do the classics next, this was a bit of a…

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

…as today showed. Think I’ll do the classics next, this was a bit of a…

This was some wild bike racing. 

If this is what the GC is going to be like every year, I'm in!

Vinny smashed. I'm stoke for Jumbo. They have ha some poor luck and have really invested in the sport and their riders in the last while.

Hopefully Vinny can keep it together to take the honours in Paris

Masterclass from JV, JV and Wow't van Aert. 

Vingegaard just flexed and put big time into Pogi. What an exciting tour this has turned out. Pogi's final redemption will be the TT. I wonder if he thinks so too. 

Jonas is also the Polka Dot jersey leader, so it's a clean sweep for the younger generation.

Wout still has the most bonus seconds
image.png.02b4bde6f44b33b19cd52bead7302ca2.png

image.png.1d99baaa0e14a97ebfbd59dc6937c0cc.png

After losing Morkov to a time cut, QuickStep look to be nursing their sprinter home on each stage. Jakobson had to do it alone yesterday, but had help, by the looks of it today.
image.png.bfbce118c507b82f3110c9024bf74a19.png

The last 3 TDFs have absolutely convinced me to get there, rent a van, load the bikes and spend 2 weeks in France, cycling mountain passes, eating croissants and smashing bottles of Jean Foillard Cote du Py all night.  2023 it is on the cards for sure. I have never even owned a road bike but I love watching the Tours and Classics.

Pro Roadies are a gift to this earth. truly.