'Dale

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

<snip>

This sport is not for overpaid and bratty soccer players hey, as this dramatic picture depicts below. Geez, it’s only Stage 5. 

Shots fired. But yeah... an angry little man not taking responsibility.

Can you imagine if he was a footballer? probably could roll on the ground all the way to the finish!

13 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Was it Cav's own fault that he fell?  How do you guys see it?

I see the more 'abrupt' movement being Dianese's. Cav was drifting right after his wheel slipped and sent him offline. I get the sense that both riders knew each other was there. Dianese was racing and trying to overtake, Cav was looking for a wheel.

Fiorelli though... what skills!! simply astounding

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

I see the more 'abrupt' movement being Dianese's. Cav was drifting right after his wheel slipped and sent him offline. I get the sense that both riders knew each other was there. Dianese was racing and trying to overtake, Cav was looking for a wheel.

I agree with you.  The only thing I can fault Cav on is that with his experience he should know to stay off the white lines, BUT in the heat of the moment thats something that can easily be missed 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheoG

49 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Agreed, I would add though, Cav had the moment and knew he was out of it, why not stay to the left and not come back. Overall don't think it is his fault.

I'm sure mr Lantern Rouge will clear it up for us.

I wonder if anybody has any full side footage? Is it possible Dianese’a front wheel slipped into the path of Cav? It’s so fast, hard to see the money of contact, but I didn’t like Cav going all left and then wondering if he could just go for Milan’s wheel. One right point was the barriers, if those had the old ones this would of been a disaster!😖

23 hours ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Then why is Remco here?

I was referencing my football comment to the hectic crash incident on the finish line. If you have a hidden or unwritten comment to express that characterises Remco Evenepoel, then shoot straight and own it, instead of asking me

On a related note:

What a circuit finish around the volcano. Simon Clarke denied the triple of winning a stage in each Grand Tour. What a ride by the two veterans. I would love to see their TSS scores.
And Mads Peterson wins, allowing him the bragging rights of having won a stage in each GT. I laaik him and will never forget that World Champ win on that cold wet socks day in Yorkshire.

Must say that street circuit was a bit like a landmine field for pinch punctures and crashes. Roglič and Thomas had to chase back with great urgency, skilfully floating through the team cars and tight corners. What a day job!

Not quite a WFH situation tomorrow, however maybe this finish up the Gran Sasso which ramps up to above 8% and above 2000 metres may necessitate leaving the offies at afternoon tea time. Release the grimpeurs! 

What a pic by Roleur website - maybe the duo needed 20 more seconds or 150 metres of less tarmac. They will need an extended massage. 

44EFA0CD-214A-468B-B748-065EA4FFA797.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

9 hours ago, &#x27;Dale said:

What a pic by Roleur website - maybe the duo needed 20 more seconds or 150 metres of less tarmac. They will need an extended massage. 

44EFA0CD-214A-468B-B748-065EA4FFA797.jpeg

What they needed to do was to ride the last 2 km like they wanted to be on the podium

40 second lead with 4 km to go and typical roadie selfish attitude riding (missing turns) by Dimarchi cost them the chance to stand on the podium

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

What they needed to do was to ride the last 2 km like they wanted to be on the podium

40 second lead with 4 km to go and typical roadie selfish attitude riding (missing turns) by Dimarchi cost them the chance to stand on the podium

~15 second at the final km. was wiped out in 700m

3 hours ago, SwissVan said:

True, But another 'if' is that if the bunch had ridden just a tad harder, it'd have been over far sooner, rather than heartbreak on the line.

such is cycling. it was a fascinating watch.

3 hours ago, SwissVan said:

The speed differential when they were caught was something to keep in mind. No way they (breakaway) were riding at the same speed over the final few Kms.