Bike Wall Mount

rooikat

Hi, 

Any recommendations for mounting a bike on a wall? 

Looking to mount bikes on a wall in an apartment to increase space, and seeing a myriad of things on offer. Would help to hear advice or success stories please! 

Anyone ever used Wille Honde Wall Mount Bracket? Seems to have good reviews online. 

Thanks,

Jenette 

Just some personal advise here, just make sure and triple sure that you check where electric wires are on the wall you are trying to mount the bracket.

Don't pull a Matu and think, "wow this mount bracket and the bike would look really awesome next to this wall light" and drill 3 holes until you see sparks and the house going dark

Just my 2 c

45 minutes ago, Jenette said:

Hi, 

Looking to mount bikes on a wall in an apartment to increase space, and seeing a myriad of things on offer. Would help to hear advice or success stories please! 

Anyone ever used Wille Honde Wall Mount Bracket? Seems to have good reviews online. 

Thanks,

Jenette 

We have 5 of the Wille Honde wall mount brackets, and love them. The keep the bikes relatively out of the way when living in an apartment or when you have limited space in the garage (both of which we have). Would definitely recommend, easy to install and to use. 

4 hours ago, Jenette said:

Hi, 

Thanks,

Jenette 

I bought the mount Levitate ( South African brand) via Takealot.  Also had a look at Wille hond and the one thing that made me go for Levitate is Wille hond it seems only supply one wheel bracket. Levitate is a very good manufactured product. And price is about the same as Wille hond.

52 minutes ago, Harry Millar said:

Whatever you buy, if you have an MTB with large front tyres, do make sure that your tyre will fit into it before buying and mounting on the wall!

Yep. My 27.5+ does not fit in the brackets but I can still hang it from the rear wheel. More of a mission but still works.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 7:23 PM, numbnuts said:

I bought the mount Levitate ( South African brand) via Takealot.  Also had a look at Wille hond and the one thing that made me go for Levitate is Wille hond it seems only supply one wheel bracket. Levitate is a very good manufactured product. And price is about the same as Wille hond.

I've gone with these 🤘 Waiting for them to arrive! 

I have something like the Levitate and I think I bought from Takealot with one difference. There is a strap and a eye-bolt to hold the top of the bike in place. The strap can not damage the frame. The beauty of this thing, it doesn't matter if its a skinny road bike or a 27,5 Plus, they all fit. Mine is mounted nice and high so we can walk right past it without any interference from the bikes, and my garage is small. Mounting them high does mean I am the only one hanging the bikes or taking them down. My choice and I am happy with it.

On 12/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Matu said:

Just some personal advise here, just make sure and triple sure that you check where electric wires are on the wall you are trying to mount the bracket.

Don't pull a Matu and think, "wow this mount bracket and the bike would look really awesome next to this wall light" and drill 3 holes until you see sparks and the house going dark

Just my 2 c

I mounted a TV on the wall (or was supposed to mount the TV on the wall) I notice the wall plug and avoid that at all costs, what I didn't see was the water pipe for the aircon in the wall. 

Boardroom carpet and table moer toe! 

Not my finest DIY tale. 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, guidodg said:

I wouldn't hang my bike by the frame using those mounts...

I have 3 of these in y garage and they work perfectly on all types of bikes

https://www.takealot.com/wall-mount-hanger-hook-for-bicycles/PLID53563356?gclid=CjwKCAiAksyNBhAPEiwAlDBeLKQTuAw3jxrXK8mbiukx49oDTXSXrK34lL5LohwWb2webK8Oizf8IBoC4xcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

spacer.png

Makro has something very similar, the wife and my road bike is currently hanging on it. 

I might go with a Wille Hond style mount when we finish with the reno on the garage. 

17 minutes ago, Dadbod Racing said:

Makro has something very similar, the wife and my road bike is currently hanging on it. 

I might go with a Wille Hond style mount when we finish with the reno on the garage. 

do you take the wife off the wall from time to time or do you just leave her there :) 

I have some spare wood lying around, so might custom build something.

The current orientation is a problem; I always have to move my car to get to my less frequently used bikes, and my girls have to ask me to help them get their bikes out.

For what it's worth, I also have the Wille Honde mounts (x3) in the house.  Above PC screens etc and haven't had any issues with it for the last year or so.