Blixem Degreaser

cadenceblur

On 12/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, Super Sywurm said:

Now that everybody on bikehub wants this, the price will skyrocket.

The price has gone up from R140 for 5L to R190 for 5L 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using paraffin these days to clean your super expensive bike is a bit like taking Lithium if you are bi-polar.

30 years ago it was what there was, now there are many, many much better products.

Does it work? Yes, to a degree. But development is a fantastic thing 

39 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I see you stay in Dundee...I did a few years a DHS back in the 80s....(I stayed in Dannhauser)

Isnt there a co-op there? I use a cheap red water soluble degreaser from them...Its around R120 a liter and you just dilute it...works great.

Awesome thanks, there are 2. Will go have a look.

23 hours ago, Mojoman said:

I suppose it depends what you do with that dirty old paraffin....
Hopefully not chucking it down the drain....
😀

Use it for Starting your Braai.

Products using Caustic Soda Will Damage / Mark your Coated Stanchions on MTB (Been There)

Caustic Soda Also causes Rapid Rusting / Corrosion of Any Parts on your bike.

Caustic Soda and Products Containing Caustic Soda Should be Avoided at all Costs.

Paraffin is Safe and Reasonably Priced at R25 per 750ml and can be Reused a few times. The dirt sinks to the bottom.

Most Bicycle Shops use Paraffin for Cleaning Drive Train and a Mild Soap such as Car Wash for the Frame.

Edited by dasilvarsa

42 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Use it for Starting your Braai.

Products using Caustic Soda Will Damage / Mark your Coated Stanchions on MTB (Been There)

Caustic Soda Also causes Rapid Rusting / Corrosion of Any Parts on your bike.

Caustic Soda and Products Containing Caustic Soda Should be Avoided at all Costs.

Paraffin is Safe and Reasonably Priced at R25 per 750ml and can be Reused a few times. The dirt sinks to the bottom.

Most Bicycle Shops use Paraffin for Cleaning Drive Train and a Mild Soap such as Car Wash for the Frame.

Yoh, I get parafin MUCH cheaper than that, like under R10 a litre last time I bought