Strava - Your Year in Sport

The Ouzo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had another good year in terms of getting out on my bike

This was my highest recorded annual distance since I joined Strava in December 2011 despite not having a bike to ride for much of March and a bout of Covid in June

Ended the year with 21 rides in December 

my pre Strava commute years were much higher

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

one day when I'm big I'll achieve those kind of numbers.

Well done

Having mates to ride with, makes it easier. They (sort of) hold you accountable to either try keep up (nail) or drive the pace (hammer).

Not bad, almost no zwift this year saw me lose a bit on my 10 mins power and lose a bit of elevation gain (i was mostly doing alpe du zwift to unlock the tronbike), but made things more interesting so I gained quite a lot of hours and distance… also I rode a lot less on my mtb so that probably also explains why those figures changed that way (less personal time wasted driving to the trails, less climbing as most of the gradient this side is on the trails, more distance as you go faster on the road especially if you ride more hours…)

5B669315-388C-40C6-9D08-A218F2384D9F.jpeg

Do most of you guys just ride?

My STRAVA totals are made up of 38% trail running, 36% Bike and 26% surfing.....

Still managed 117368m elevation which isn't bad considering 26% of my 434 hours contain zero elevation gain

14 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

My STRAVA totals are made up of 38% trail running, 36% Bike and 26% surfing.....

Still managed 117368m elevation which isn't bad considering 26% of my 434 hours contain zero elevation gain

Nowhere near the totals of other guys on here, but my split was 45% Running, 43% Cycling. 

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I did 6 runs this year, 39 km 🤣 The only reason for me to run is if I don't have a bicycle near me.

but I do ride motorbikes on the race track, which I rarely track on strava

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Having mates to ride with, makes it easier. They (sort of) hold you accountable to either try keep up (nail) or drive the pace (hammer).

Yep. My cycling mates are rather slack, so most of my mileage is solo. Which is great 90% of the time, but having company for longer rides also helps. 

im thinking of joining one of the local groups for 1 or 2 rides a week. 

50 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

For me it is 8 runs, totaling 5h38m. A few swims too.

93% of my time is biking.