Strava - Your Year in Sport

The Ouzo

23 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Only mtb. All real kilometers. No play play stuff on a trainer. Been lucky to be able to enjoy almost every single kilometer. Except for a few in the rain. 

Lol, i challenge you to play play on the IDT (indoor torture) for a few hours, riding outside for real is a pleasure and easier.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Do most of you guys just ride?

My STRAVA totals are made up of 38% trail running, 36% Bike and 26% surfing.....

Still managed 117368m elevation which isn't bad considering 26% of my 434 hours contain zero elevation gain

Run, ride (road indoor and road / mtb outdoor), walk (recovery or easy days) and occasional circuit at the gym.

I'm to lazy to look for the actual % of each 

5 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Lol, i challenge you to play play on the IDT (indoor torture) for a few hours, riding outside for real is a pleasure and easier.

100% absolutely hate it

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Yep. My cycling mates are rather slack, so most of my mileage is solo. Which is great 90% of the time, but having company for longer rides also helps. 

im thinking of joining one of the local groups for 1 or 2 rides a week. 

Am the same mostly . Do the odd ride with mates when I can get up early enough 😬....yet am always first there weirdly.

But have learned do more 3 digits solo though . Longer than that alone and I am bored.  

Have had the same thoughts as you . Frosty & crew may have a plus one 😁

Spending the first half plus of the year in the uk really put pay to any type of distance this year. Just really struggled in the cold. And this year won’t start until mid to late jan thanks to a spill, been a long 2-weeks so far 😪

F9D1CE3C-8C89-497F-8E28-8E58CFBC3B21.png

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

My STRAVA totals are made up of 38% trail running, 36% Bike and 26% surfing.....

Still managed 117368m elevation which isn't bad considering 26% of my 434 hours contain zero elevation gain

45% running, 27% cycling, 22% swimming, 6% S&C

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

ya,....

You don't see a name change to Runhub, or Trihub or swimhub or sharkbait. We singletracked/filed minded here chom. For all those other kudos there's this thing called Strava. Apparently it's popular.

Overall a good year considering Covid hit me Jan 25 andd left me Feb 18. It was only April before I tarted getting some decent mileage again. A year of recovery, and re-construction for a better MMXXII

Distance 11,047.3 km
Time 506h 31m
Elev Gain 133,492 m
Rides 273
Edited by DieselnDust

On 12/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, Frosty said:

Do a quick Google search on what Eddington is; it's a "different" stat that is quite fun to chase.

I need another 4 rides of 124Km or longer to move my Eddington number from 123 to 124.
It's not quite the same as shooting your age in golf, but a similar concept.
image.png.728cb0a514279f6776c0c9a9f9e434ec.png

My old years day gran fondo to veldrif pushed my Eddington number to 100. Auspicious!! 

Last year December I clocked 135kgs, I know 

I’ve maintained since March between 95-100kgs

this year my goal is 80kgs by march

i bailed a few days ago so I failed my 500km Rapha, I hope to be back on the bike in 2 weeks

1784598B-8529-4BB9-A8D9-BB13AFF8AEA4.png

Just now, DIPSLICK said:

Last year December I clocked 135kgs, I know 

I’ve maintained since March between 95-100kgs

this year my goal is 80kgs by march

i bailed a few days ago so I failed my 500km Rapha, I hope to be back on the bike in 2 weeks

1784598B-8529-4BB9-A8D9-BB13AFF8AEA4.png

In the east rand not too many climbs 🤣🤣🤣clearly

On 12/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, SwissVan said:

Run, ride (road indoor and road / mtb outdoor), walk (recovery or easy days) and occasional circuit at the gym.

I'm to lazy to look for the actual % of each 

EDIT: Forgot to include Golf....  😁

Golf21.PNG