Tips on storing Thule Bike Carrier

Johann Dippenaar

Hi. I recently purchased a Thule Euroway G2 3 Bike carrier and need some tips on how to store it in a motor garage efficiently and effectively. Anyone with some tips on this matter they are willing to share here?

The most effective way is a wall mounted tow ball, there was a crowd here doing them but cant find them anymore! 

Basically mount a towball to the wall and hang it up! 

WTB-1.jpg

pro-user-wall-mounting-for-towbar-bicycle-carriers-8717809997418-506181-l.jpg

Edited by the nerd
added an image

I have used a couple of hooks one gets from a hardware store...they are spaced so that the top rail (one closest to the towbar) fits onto the hooks and the rack then is packed against the wall similar to the pic from @the_nerd

When I bought a bike rack, one of the features had to be foldability and storage and the reason i bought the BOSAL, at the time the THULE's were all over 6K and the BOSAL was R 2 600.00 direct from BOSAL in Pta and came with a storage bag- had it for 10 years and still working perfect - Pity they not on the market anymore.

16 hours ago, Johann Dippenaar said:

Was difficult finding someone making a wall mounted tow ball, so McGuivered sommer one myself quick this afternoon.

IMG_20211229_165005.jpg

IMG_20211229_164935.jpg

IMG_20211229_164930.jpg

Fantastic well done, it looks great. I might be borrowing your idea if you don't mind. If you do I just won't invite you into my garage 😉 

I love the  fact that when you say "I McGyvered it" I automatically knew what you meant! 😂

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

your socket is still sitting ontop of the wall mount. You will be searching like mad for it next time you need it. :)

Looks like a 10mm as well :D

Been A massive fan of the euroway racks 

But recentely got a Velo easy fold and its awesome , if i don't have the bike on the car its folded up in the boot 

50 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Been A massive fan of the euroway racks 

But recentely got a Velo easy fold and its awesome , if i don't have the bike on the car its folded up in the boot 

If I had to buy a new platform rack that certainly will be my go-to option.

I initially wanted to go the tow-ball route but the bolts on a tow-ball required a massive drill and i was reluctant to purchase such a large drill for a once off , went this way and mounted the brackets high so the thule doesn't need collapsing as the bar is vertical with the roof … allot of options in mounting this rack …..

C2981BFD-715E-4142-A9A1-7B77D23D221A.jpeg

3ECD052D-2BA7-4EEE-8560-46B12762D32B.jpeg