UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Which will mean VPN for those without dstv ....

Not sure. Last I checked you could stream GCN+ without a VPN - but then you need to pay for GCN+. 

If it's really such an issue, just get a VPN. For the price of two cappucinos a month, it's not exactly unaffordable, and will improve your general streaming experience on whatever other platforms you choose. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no clarity on the pay to view yet. Redbull is totally out as far as UCI mtb events are concerned however. ESO is the new media partner. It's the crowd who run the EWS. No more Warner on commentary. Going to be rather dull I'm afraid.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:25 AM, esCape-ist said:

Not sure. Last I checked you could stream GCN+ without a VPN - but then you need to pay for GCN+. 

If it's really such an issue, just get a VPN. For the price of two cappucinos a month, it's not exactly unaffordable, and will improve your general streaming experience on whatever other platforms you choose. 

I subscribed to GCN+ but most big races and grand tours can’t be viewed in South Africa, only highlights. I use Windscribe ($3 per month) as VPN to watch those races live.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

There is no clarity on the pay to view yet. Redbull is totally out as far as UCI mtb events are concerned however. ESO is the new media partner. It's the crowd who run the EWS. No more Warner on commentary. Going to be rather dull I'm afraid.

Yep, Rob brought his own style to the commentating, and it was awesome. I fear the new commentary will become traditional, with some dreary mouthing off about stats etc, no real insight, no fun. 

3 minutes ago, Red Bird said:

I subscribed to GCN+ but most big races and grand tours can’t be viewed in South Africa, only highlights. I use Windscribe ($3 per month) as VPN to watch those races live.

I didn't realise that most races are geoblocked in South Africa still. But like I said, then just get a VPN, and problem solved. 3usd a month won't exactly break the bank.

23 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Tried looking for his results from the test date onwards, but Google and me are not friends today

His results do show a improvement from NC onwards into his season, positive came from NC which was before Leogang. Sure, riders do ride into form through a season and they also do ride out of form and struggle towards the latter part of a season.

But still

https://www.xcodata.com/rider/mathias-flueckiger/2022/#race-results

24 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I think it was a roid rage induced crash into Nino?

No dude. This is up there with "Chemtrails contribute to EBV" 

37 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I think it was a roid rage induced crash into Nino?

Wasn’t it Nino who allegedly took out MF in the forest for the win….. 😇😇

10 hours ago, W@nted said:

So will they give Nino the win where he finished behind Fluk, cannot remember which round. Therefore Nino passing Absalons record?

It was Leogang where Nino finished 2nd behind MF