UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

Just now, BuffsVintageBikes said:

That was just one incident, there are many others that never made the news. I think it's safe to say that Nino might be well respected for his talent but I believe that's where the respect ends.

a bit like LA 😁

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Also check one of the post stage interviews of the Cape Epic, I think it was 2018 or 2019 Nino vs. Henrique things got heated there with some "intimidation tactics".

that interview told me more about Henrique than it did about Nino...

Under pressure the cracks in the façade show up... I wonder if this is the end of the story or there will be a complaint against Flucki by Nino? Is that even possible given the lack of evidence so far, but perhaps Alan and Luca are writing some statements as we speculate?

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Nino looks ready to rip him a new one...There was another lengthy exchange between Mathias Fluckiger and Nino Schurter on the podium, this time a little less heated but still frosty.

Another angle with colour 

8128E62D-7FB1-4E1D-94BD-4FAEE5A701A0.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Seriously ... can we not just accept that no matter what happens, MF is at fault ... he is a Ginger after all!

Seems Nino's luck ran out .... 

Would love to see a video from a spectator .... though I doubt it will show more than what we already heard .... "trail narrowed ... neither gave an inch"

if the trail narrowed they would've blocked it when they came together

However the other two were let past so it was probably a wide area with enough room to pass outside them.

I think MF blocked nino on A sharp corner as was done to him last year and nino thought he could ride through him..... couldn't.....they fell 

.... fumbled with bikes/cleats ....others went through

...the end 

6 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

if the trail narrowed they would've blocked it when they came together

However the other two were let past so it was probably a wide area with enough room to pass outside them.

I think MF blocked nino on A sharp corner as was done to him last year and nino thought he could ride through him..... couldn't.....they fell 

.... fumbled with bikes/cleats ....others went through

...the end 

The other two had to portage over them, according to the interviews.

5 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

They ran into each other and Flukinger basically took Nino out in the forest (this is coming from someone standing right there as it happened) 

LENZ_C14_Infringements.pdf 491.58 kB · 60 downloads

Has Nino asked him for a statement I wonder. If MF's riding was blatantly unsafe then perhaps Nino could get MF disqualified and take 3rd place. Small consolation.