The PRO Gravel Thread

'Dale

On 10/5/2022 at 8:29 PM, 'Dale said:

The pap is thickening

934DD0AE-327A-4329-A371-8FE9A3655801.jpeg

If a WT rider wins this, how many times will the rainbow jersey appear in next season's races? I think it'd be a shame if it didn't get shown off as often as possible.

That said, I hope MVDP wins. Or Lachlan Morton.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

or Wheel-sucking World Champs... expect plenty of blood to be spilled.

Roads are super narrow with lots of change in direction, positioning will be key and vitally important. Place wrong and you off in a hurry regardless of strength on the bike. Much like racing a Belgium classic. 

20 hours ago, splat said:

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/10/preview-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-first-ever-gravel-worlds/

The men’s race comprises:

• 36% unpaved roads
  • 18% hard gravel
  • 1% cobbles
  • 17% hard surface
  • 27% asphalt
  • 1% ?

this doesn't really make much sense, but I guess there is an italian to english translation of unpaved roads/hard gravel/hard surface that is lacking context. Maybe hard gravel is graded gravel in our speak, but then what is "hard surface"?

either way, guessing the finishing circuit is in town and therefore more likely to be asphalt(which is surely tar). 

Guessing there will be a biggish group left by then, and therefore the money has to be on someone who can win road sprints, so mvdP and Magnus stachenilsen surely headliners.

menmap-1340x1678.jpeg

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

If a WT rider wins this, how many times will the rainbow jersey appear in next season's races? I think it'd be a shame if it didn't get shown off as often as possible.

That said, I hope MVDP wins. Or Lachlan Morton.

I hope Matt Beers wins... MvdP can go chase girls in his undies. 

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I hope Matt Beers wins... MvdP can go chase girls in his undies. 

I’m in this camp! Aaand, imagine all the South Africans working together!

Go the Mullet! 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Sagan’s Roubaix for the Grêvvel Worlds: from @petosagan on TweetieBird 

F5256969-A4C2-443A-9E72-78CBBC86DE16.jpeg

I really really hope all the guys riding road bikes get punctures. Lots of them 

Karma and all. She is a butcher.

Looks like most of the WT riders are basically riding road bikes with road gearing.

Our SA  riders on gravel bikes will be seriously under geared( along with the seriously out of depth in fitness levels) against the WT riders.

Expect the usual bloodbath.

No worries 

You got this guys,go for the win,bring back the gold and all the others chirps I see on social media.

Can they maybe just try finishing?

49 minutes ago, stringbean said:

Looks like most of the WT riders are basically riding road bikes with road gearing.

Our SA  riders on gravel bikes will be seriously under geared( along with the seriously out of depth in fitness levels) against the WT riders.

Expect the usual bloodbath.

No worries 

You got this guys,go for the win,bring back the gold and all the others chirps I see on social media.

Can they maybe just try finishing?

Um, who else is riding apart from Mullet Beers?

Suggesting he is undercooked for this is a bit bizarre, given what he's done this year abroad.

This is world champs,not just another gravel series.

There we’re virtually no WT riders at the gravel series races,here they all are and on form coming out of world road champs.This is going to be next level.Don’t be put off by the minimal altitude.The WT riders are going to make everyone bleed( think Paris Roubaix).

As far as gearing is concerned Matt is definitely under prepared.

As far as fitness,let’s see😀

I am as patriotic as the next saffa but man you got to  be realistic.Have we become like the Americans where everyone is a winner 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by stringbean

Just saw this, I just shake my head ...

"Breaking news: order on start line tomorrow. Riders with uci points ( non gravel) first on start line. Gravel riders start in the back."

36 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Just saw this, I just shake my head ...

"Breaking news: order on start line tomorrow. Riders with uci points ( non gravel) first on start line. Gravel riders start in the back."

Welcome to the UCI….. rules about sock length included