E-bikes on Strava

Velosauce

15 minutes ago, Jbr said:

BTW, I could quit many things in my life tomorrow and still be alive, this argument is a bit silly

I bet he's addicted to shoes. Probably wears at least one pair a day.
Don't know why he even cares about shoes, I mean would it kill him to only wear shoes in private?
Also, wearing shoes has no real life bearing, whatsoever!

Are shoes even real?

/s
👆 Tag just to make 100% sure my sarcasm is clear, but also: Some folks are addicted to buying shoes, some just wear them functionally, while others like having a few nice pairs and complimenting them on their shoes will make their day, and finally some folks just go around barefoot. We can talk about the addicts, the toxic ones, without throwing shade on all the other non-baries...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand the concept of racing. Strava is not racing. It's an every day social media platform that is not a controlled environment.

My point about the Argus was to do with the rolling starts and why it mattered so much to those who were in later start batches (not going to win) if it meant actually having the Argus.

Both are the same thing though. Racing at a race to win in a controlled environment, cool.

Strava? As you say, full of cheats, GPS misrepresentation, doctored data, e-bikes, loads of people on private etc all make it a bit pointless as who or what are you actually measuring yourself against?

My point is about why you care so much about it. People miss that and don't ever really want to look too deeply behind motivation.

It's fascinating

15 hours ago, MORNE said:

Delete strava, it’s **** anyway. Facebook for cyclists. 

Also try riding without a computer on your bars for a change. Look around, enjoy the fact that you are actually outside enjoying being healthy.
By all means record your crap on you phone/device, just plonk it in your back pocket.

It’s awesome.

What do you think about using the new apple watch for Strava?

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

No, CARING and complaining about how other people participate in the same thing is insecure.

Who cares if someone is above you on a leaderboard that has no real life bearing?

I am on STRAVA, if I wasn't private I would have a few KOMS and a whole bunch of Trail Running CRs. For this post I just googled and I would even have a comfortable top 10 on the 13 peaks leaderboard. 

Nothing you say will convince me that STRAVA isn't just an addictive add on that is completely unnecessary. I will leave this here... Addicts will find ways to justify their addiction and believe it.

If people use e-bikes or cars etc who cares and more importantly, WHY do you care? They are not cheating anyone out of anything real. 

The owner of 5000 KOMS could quit STRAVA tomorrow, not die, not be slower and not be less competitive at races.

It's a post on social media, you're just hung up on it because you're drinking the cool aid they are serving

You went to the effort of doing 13 peaks and then just didn't submit the activity? Somewhere there's a lonely can of red bull losing all its bubbles

I don't get this thread.

Why are people so upset about me (and others) enjoying the competition that Strava offers?

I don't get the opportunity to do actual races, so Strava allows me a bit of fun competition to help motivate me on my solo rides.

I completely understand it's limitations and the many variables involved and I certainly don't lose sleep over my results.

But is it really such a crime to wish that at the very least the leader boards are free from cheaters? (whether it's ebikes or any other form of cheating)

And for those that do take Strava segment times seriously, why does that upset you enough to chastise them for it?

Maybe that's the real issue which needs to be explored.

So yesterday I had to do a shorter ride than what I wanted to due to some time constraints. 

When I hit the first incline I decided that I would gun it up there, I was feeling good so decided to change the goal of the ride into a race pace test.

I flew up that incline, and a good few others on the route. Later during the day it was nice to have a look at Strava and see that I did indeed beat my PBs up those inclines, it was just in my head (and legs). Its a pity that Strava has decided that I cant even compare my own personal times on segments to myself without paying them.

I see both sides of the argument though, but I guess its like all social media, it depends on how you use it.

Edited by ouzo

While I'm merely curious about e-bikers taking places on Strava KOMS boards, I'm even more curious about those having a frothy about it all. Isn't the human condition a funny old thing?

16 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

if I cheat and win on Zwift, do I get a fancy outfit for my Avatar?

Maybe it’s time to do a ZWIFT season on PUBG

On 9/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, Mtbiker404 said:

That requires honesty. Riding an ebike is already dishonest.

You’ve got a serious mental problem. Then all people driving cars are dishonest because they should rather walk? Get real