Squirt Cycling Products Introduce Easyfill Pouch for Squirt SEAL Tyre Sealant

News bot

Tubeless tyre set-ups can be tricky, or rather messy, for home mechanics. Which is why Squirt Cycling Products have created the Squirt SEAL Tyre Sealant 120ml Easyfill Pouch system. It allows for spill free top-ups of tubeless tyre sealant, leading for more hours of puncture-free riding and cycling enjoyment. “As cyclists ourselves we’re all to […]

View full article

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Packaging Should Sell.

Multiple Top Ups Makes Tyres Heavy and Off Balance.

I like to "Mine Out" All the Dried Latex before Topping Up.

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

A home mechanic that can’t do his own tubeless work needs a bit of practice. 

No fancy and honestly wasteful packaging is going to fix that. 

Nothing wrong with the solution that Enduro Seal has. Reused that bottle and tube so many times. 

I've also used the smaller dispensing bottle over and over again for the last 3 years and just decant from the 1 L. Squirt got it so right with their lube....I can't help thinking this is a bit of "change for the sake of change" a bit like the Lubretto...but that's just my opinion...

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

I've also used the smaller dispensing bottle over and over again for the last 3 years and just decant from the 1 L. Squirt got it so right with their lube....I can't help thinking this is a bit of "change for the sake of change" a bit like the Lubretto...but that's just my opinion...

Thanks for reminding me that I bought a Lubretto. The lube solution for a problem that didnt exist. 

it looks a bit like those gel wrappers still lying in the gutters at the top of Suikerbossie weeks after the Cycle Tour........more convenience, more unnecessary waste.

ironically the packaging says "less plastic waste"

chalk up another one to the greenwashing marketing dept

1 hour ago, tubed said:

it looks a bit like those gel wrappers still lying in the gutters at the top of Suikerbossie weeks after the Cycle Tour........more convenience, more unnecessary waste.

100%. It's not reusable so overall it's MORE plastic. Change for the sake of change. Buying a 1 Litre with a dispensing bottle is pretty much all the packaging you'll need....Squirt you got it wrong. 😃 

2 hours ago, tubed said:

Along with the new Easyfill Pouch’s hassle-free application benefit it is also more environmentally friendly and easier to transport than the 150-millilitre plastic bottle it replaces. The laminate packaging is reusable for other purposes, unlike the single-use plastic bottles. Yet it is robust enough to be stored in a toolbox or packed in a bike packing bag without risk of leakage. 

For the distributors the benefits of the Squirt SEAL Tyre Sealant 120ml Easyfill Pouch include that the geometry of the pouches increases bulk packing efficiency by as much as 53%. This translates into cheaper logistics and increased energy efficiency for transportation. Compared to Squirt Cycling Products’ previous 150ml bottles, the packaging of the laminate pouches weighs 33% less, which further reduces transportation costs. 

13 minutes ago, Eldron said:

"The laminate packaging is reusable for other purposes, unlike the single-use plastic bottles"

How so Squirt? I can reuse and recycle the plastic bottles. The laminate plastic is aimed at convenience, ie you have created a product which is aimed at throwaway.

I get your efficiency in transport - that's more margin and profits to Squirt.

Its a idea we should move away from - not market as an environmentally considerate product.

6 minutes ago, tubed said:

How so Squirt? I can reuse and recycle the plastic bottles. The laminate plastic is aimed at convenience, ie you have created a product which is aimed at throwaway.

I get your efficiency in transport - that's more margin and profits to Squirt.

Its a idea we should move away from - not market as an environmentally considerate product.

The 120-millilitre flexible laminate packaging, which can be up-cycled into material for use in road surfaces, roof sheeting and construction decking is filled with Squirt Cycling Products’ biodegradable SEAL Tyre Sealant. The packaging features clear, easy-to-follow, instructions on how to top-up one’s tyre sealant using the Easyfill Pouch. 

7 minutes ago, Eldron said:

The 120-millilitre flexible laminate packaging, which can be up-cycled into material for use in road surfaces, roof sheeting and construction decking is filled with Squirt Cycling Products’ biodegradable SEAL Tyre Sealant. The packaging features clear, easy-to-follow, instructions on how to top-up one’s tyre sealant using the Easyfill Pouch. 

Here is my question about that statement. 

Who is actually going to recycle that? It isn't like South Africa has the biggest recycling culture.