IDT saddle hurting but fine when on a normal ride

cathmtb

I have similar issues. But I was also using a really old bib and I think the padding had its days. I've since tried a different big accompanied by some chamois cream and it's all good thus far. No need to get the pricey ones. I've bought the Ass Magic which at R180 a tub isn't that bad.

15 hours ago, Jbr said:

Here’s my setup, to avoid it to be too rigid I bought feva mats, and if I want extra movement (for out of the saddle climbing for instance) I add the rocker plates

CD8F181F-1D78-45C5-942A-AB5289167117.jpeg

2F8D00EA-6185-4A07-B514-12AB79DBE2F4.jpeg

This would never work for me. My laaities would pinch the tennis balls for yard cricket after they hit their 1837472th ball over the wall. 

6 hours ago, Knersboy said:

This would never work for me. My laaities would pinch the tennis balls for yard cricket after they hit their 1837472th ball over the wall. 

Bought 6 balls, gave my daughter two, all she’s interested into is getting the other 4 from underneath 😝😝

On 5/21/2022 at 4:02 PM, RobertWhitehead said:

Your problem is simple: It it the power saddle. They are great saddles for some but do not work for everyone. Look at swopping it for a phenom and all your issues will be sorted. There is another thread on here with the same issue and I actually sent @figjam_sa a phenom to try but he had a little accident and has not been able to try it out. I see you're in Jhb, I have another phenom lying here which you can try (for mahala) and if it works then problem solved, if it doesn't no harm 😁

And yes, I know your saddle is "lady's specific" and mine will obviously not be but it is about the shape of the saddle that we'll be testing 

Yes unfortunately I will not be able to test the Phenom saddle for months, but I have now heard this from a few people including my fitter. 

What I can confirm is the "gees" and help from Robert. You can take him up on his offer. He is a stand up guy!! 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, Jbr said:

Here’s my setup, to avoid it to be too rigid I bought feva mats, and if I want extra movement (for out of the saddle climbing for instance) I add the rocker plates

CD8F181F-1D78-45C5-942A-AB5289167117.jpeg

2F8D00EA-6185-4A07-B514-12AB79DBE2F4.jpeg

Is your plate only supported on the 4 balls? No axial support?

10 minutes ago, Fat Boab said:

Is your plate only supported on the 4 balls? No axial support?

There’s a 4cm wide plank that goes the full length, you can see it on the 2nd pic. When sitting on the bike it compressed the balls enough that it touches the mat and prevents the plates from rolling.

unfortunately I centered everything according to the center of the trainer. When the bike is on it the trainer it’s a little off center so it tends to lean right a bit, gonna have to move that axial plank a bit, for now I just moved the trainer to the left of the plate and it did the trick but looks a bit stupid

6 minutes ago, Jbr said:

There’s a 4cm wide plank that goes the full length, you can see it on the 2nd pic. When sitting on the bike it compressed the balls enough that it touches the mat and prevents the plates from rolling.

unfortunately I centered everything according to the center of the trainer. When the bike is on it the trainer it’s a little off center so it tends to lean right a bit, gonna have to move that axial plank a bit, for now I just moved the trainer to the left of the plate and it did the trick but looks a bit stupid

How does it "feel" .... rocker plate vs trainer on the floor ?

Is it worth it ?

52 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

How does it "feel" .... rocker plate vs trainer on the floor ?

Is it worth it ?

It’s worth the R100 rand I paid the tennis balls and 30mins to cut and screw the planks together, but overall I think the feva mats are more than enough to just reduce the stiffness. Actually I think wahoo now sells rubber pads to put underneath the trainer that do just that.

For the 20k rocker plates you find on the internet, no I don’t think they are worth it

I am with @Jewbacca you not moving around on the IDT, made worse by the power saddle limiting movement more.

Personally I use this to my advantage, you can really develop your rear end to handle it better using the IDT. Nowadays anything under an hour I just ride with running shorts and then when you come to longer outrides, you never battle with a sore rear end in bib shorts

Does a softer mat (eva mats) really make a difference? I IDT on a rock hard plastic floor (like you get in gyms) and most of my IDT sessions are 1h20+ and no matter what, the arse does feel it! I am very willing to invest in a softer mat if it gives that bit more movement/support and assist in making the IDT ride more arse friendly. 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:14 PM, FirstV8 said:

My phone is only 6mm will that be enough , im also afraid it might get damaged .

but you never used a phone book, you just answered the lady on the other side that asked "nommer asseblief" :) 

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

but you never used a phone book, you just answered the lady on the other side that asked "nommer asseblief" :) 

We actually DID have one of those lines in the 70's ....