Shimano SLX left crank arm needed

nox1111

Turns out my latest rock clip did more that just bend my pedal, also destroyed my SLX Left crank arm. 

If anyone has one they want to sell, please let me know! 

DSC_0896.JPG

On 8/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, nox1111 said:

Turns out my latest rock clip did more that just bend my pedal, also destroyed my SLX Left crank arm. 

DSC_0896.JPG

What length 

10 minutes ago, nox1111 said:

175mm - thanks for the reminder!

I was just about to reply, I have one but the STD on a Trek Topfuel Large is 170mm

24 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I was just about to reply, I have one but the STD on a Trek Topfuel Large is 170mm

Darnit, and my legs are just so close to the same length! Otherwise I would have taken the 170mm!

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

You can also buy a reverse tap and epoxy a steel pedal thread in there. The kit might be cheaper than a left crank arm!

I've considered this, but for myself to get that straight is very improbable. Do you know of anyone that does that as a service?

30 minutes ago, nox1111 said:

I've considered this, but for myself to get that straight is very improbable. Do you know of anyone that does that as a service?

If you based close to CPT, then Nils at woodstock cycleworks will do it. It was about 500 bucks when he did mine a few weeks ago (and it was non-drive side as well). At that price it is a no-brainer and saves you throwing away an otherwise fine crank arm.

3 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Just take the plunge and buy a Left side power meter.

Those things are moer expensive, and honestly aren't all that helpful for any mountain biking except xc and light trail. Many people who ride for the gravity focused side of the sport, like myself, would not benefit that much from one and it is just another expensive part to break. For the price of a power meter, you could buy an extremely high end aluminium crankset new or a high end carbon crankset second hand.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, nox1111 said:

DSC_0896.JPG

Pity you in Somerset West - I got the taps and thread inserts but as MTBRIDER1234 says take it to the guy in Cape Town its worth the money and this type of repair is solid - But needs to be lined up properly or you be riding with a cleft foot

8 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Those things are moer expensive, and honestly aren't all that helpful for any mountain biking except xc and light trail. Many people who ride for the gravity focused side of the sport, like myself, would not benefit that much from one and it is just another expensive part to break. For the price of a power meter, you could buy an extremely high end aluminium crankset new or a high end carbon crankset second hand.

I pretty sure he was just joking.

That said, if the right length crank arm was in stock he could have had a PM crank for a lot less than the price of a low end cranks.

There were some old Stock Gen 2 units still available a while back

On 8/8/2022 at 12:36 PM, nox1111 said:

Nils. There's even a courier out in Paarl this afternoon if you want to get it delivered instead of driving in.