If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed. Will Nino Schurter then have won 34 World Cups?

Mozzi

I am sorry, but WADA need to pull their finger out and operate like a commercial company would have to. They took nearly 6 weeks to return the result for the initial test, 3 weeks later the B sample result has not been released. There have been 7 UCI world cup rounds since his initial test. If his B sample is negative then he has lost the chance to race 2 rounds, if positive then he has raced 4 rounds illegally. It is a joke, test on Sunday, results before the end of the week - how hard can it be? 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

hang on, what's Zeronol? I'm unfamiliar with it as it's not one of the substances listed in Koos' Verslaaf so I had to do some shallow digging 

image.png.8a7aaa169d83842f4b7cf973d67810ff.png

it's just moo cow beef hormones. contador's lawyer will do better this time and get him off.

locally known as Ralgro, you buy it as an implant tablet that goes in the back of the ear. If you eating feedlot beef(which you probably are) then the cattle you are eating probably have said implant. It is like R20 a dose or something like that.

Well, to me this news and the performance jump according to the data on hand seems very convenient. Maybe a bit too much so to be coincidental? Let's hope this was all just a big misunderstanding, but somehow I am doubtful.

image.png.fd9de25b8300c647140736431d40bf28.png

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

locally known as Ralgro, you buy it as an implant tablet that goes in the back of the ear. If you eating feedlot beef(which you probably are) then the cattle you are eating probably have said implant. It is like R20 a dose or something like that.

Now I have to wonder......where did MF "plant" this.......

What is the sample testing procedure? How long does it take ... surely not weeks?

I know the French have a 5-hour work week, with breaks for croissants and wine, but surely this sort of thing can be done conclusively in a day or two?

... smoke, fire ... just so happens that teammate Keller has also had a remarkable season stabbing at her pedals. 😝 (just joking, I'm sure she just worked her backside off to get there)

19 hours ago, Shebeen said:

hang on, what's Zeronol? I'm unfamiliar with it as it's not one of the substances listed in Koos' Verslaaf so I had to do some shallow digging 

image.png.8a7aaa169d83842f4b7cf973d67810ff.png

it's just moo cow beef hormones. contador's lawyer will do better this time and get him off.

are you saying this is all B.S. ...

19 hours ago, dave303e said:

A friend farmed with cattle.  He would buy calves at auction, then raise them on his farm.

Once he sold it again at auction it would go to a "feeding point", where this implant was done.  The rate of putting on bulk in the next few weeks is significant !!!

Always wondered how much of this stuff carries through to the braai .....

As for a cyclist .... must be a very balance between putting on muscle vs just bulking up ..... the original product certainly was meant for bulking up, to increase the mass for sale.

I am sorry, but WADA need to pull their finger out and operate like a commercial company would have to. They took nearly 6 weeks to return the result for the initial test, 3 weeks later the B sample result has not been released. There have been 7 UCI world cup rounds since his initial test. If his B sample is negative then he has lost the chance to race 2 rounds, if positive then he has raced 4 rounds illegally. It is a joke, test on Sunday, results before the end of the week - how hard can it be? 

There is a lot of legal and protocols that need to be followed to both protect the athlete and the organisation. Notifications are often before to the athlete then public. The athlete has a period to request a B sample. More times than not, they run this to the 12th hour for obvious reasons 

Glad I am vegetarian, no steroid steaks or plumping pigeon pies for me. 

Edited by Sid the Sloth

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

There is a lot of legal and protocols that need to be followed to both protect the athlete and the organisation. Notifications are often before to the athlete then public. The athlete has a period to request a B sample. More times than not, they run this to the 12th hour for obvious reasons 

Surely the processes could be sped up though.

If one of your riders had a positive A sample ... surely you dont want him, nor the team, loosing out IF he is innocent.  For the same token, if quilty the sooner he is out the better for the team.

Probably a lot more to this than us weekenders understand .....

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Surely the processes could be sped up though.

If one of your riders had a positive A sample ... surely you dont want him, nor the team, loosing out IF he is innocent.  For the same token, if quilty the sooner he is out the better for the team.

Probably a lot more to this than us weekenders understand .....

You are correct, you always want a quick outcome - especially if they innocent but you only get to that conclusion following a process. 

There is more to it from admin/legal side than most know. Its not a quick "ok you positive so you banned" or "ok its mistake you fine" Both can and do have grave consequences. 

Remember also that his is not the only sample being tested at the lab. cycling is not the only sport so there are thousands upon thousands of samples being tested, retested etc across multiple disciplines. Does that make timing right? Who knows but as I said when there is wrong doing, it is a very careful process from there on out for the athlete, testing authority and and and. 

Everyone wants a outcome today. that will never happen an its not cause the system is broken, its cause there is a process that protects everyone.