[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

On 12/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, Karooryder said:

Dunno hey. Riding through the largest urban forest in the world has a certain appeal methinks. 

All you do is suffer, while surrounded by grey buildings

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/9/2022 at 12:11 PM, Skubarra said:

Agree - it does have its own charm and for the most part was pretty well organised this year. Wouldn't mind flying up for it again.

Organisation is fantastic, don't get me wrong, my experience was marred by unfitness, and the muggiest weather

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 11:17 AM, Long Wheel Base said:

I asked on instagram if the short route counts towards one’s total tally of completed tours, it doesn’t. Also the minimum age is still the same as the normal route. So when my boys are old enough they doing the full route with me as I’m not breaking my tally to ride the short with them. I did my first Argus at 6, so they can do the full at 11 anyway. 

Minimum age is not the same for both routes:

Long route: 13 years old as a solo rider or 11 if on the back of a tandem

Short route: 11 years old

See Race Entry Terms and Conditions below:

Long (para 1.1.1 & 1.1.2): 

https://ctcttwebdownloads.blob.core.windows.net/singledownloads/CTCTEntryTerms.pdf

Short (para 1.1.1):  

https://ctcttwebdownloads.blob.core.windows.net/singledownloads/CTCTShortRouteEntryTerms.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

So what is considered a good time for the Cycle Tour these days? I did it in 2008 last and the distance seem to be exactly the same (109km) but not sure about the route. 
Back then a sub 3 was considered ok. Still the same These days? 

17 minutes ago, Jaco-fiets said:

So what is considered a good time for the Cycle Tour these days? I did it in 2008 last and the distance seem to be exactly the same (109km) but not sure about the route. 
Back then a sub 3 was considered ok. Still the same These days? 

All weather dependent. 2008 had good weather therefore everyone and his cat got a sub 3. Yes, Sub 3 is still considered an achievement for most.

Guys that own Ciovita kit, specifically the shirts. What is the sizing like? I usually wear a Medium in my other kit and the lekker new loyalty jerseys are available to order but I am in Joburg and I don't know anyone close to me that owns ciovita.

10 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Guys that own Ciovita kit, specifically the shirts. What is the sizing like? I usually wear a Medium in my other kit and the lekker new loyalty jerseys are available to order but I am in Joburg and I don't know anyone close to me that owns ciovita.

I usually wear a medium as well. These loyalty shirts are the sport fit, which for me fit slightly tighter than my Club 21 shirt (RacePace brand?), but not as tight as the Ciovita race fit jerseys that I am avoiding until Xmas has been worked off

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

You should be able to try and buy when you collect your number.

5 minutes ago, BigToe said:

You should be able to try and buy when you collect your number.

So if I order now, I’ll get it before the race. 
A106F405-10D8-4CB7-9D35-CE7A48A86F82.png.28ed19782207d8d4e5bf4cc6a491452f.png

1 hour ago, HdB said:

I usually wear a medium as well. These loyalty shirts are the sport fit, which for me fit slightly tighter than my Club 21 shirt (RacePace brand?), but not as tight as the Ciovita race fit jerseys that I am avoiding until Xmas has been worked off

I reckon I’ll definitely go for a medium then. Thanks for the info👍🏼

14 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I wonder if they will stop just anyone buying this kit or will they check to see if you've done x amount ?

Trying to decide if I should buy a 10,  for keep sake until I qualify for a 21 in a few years time. that way as I work my way through the numbers I can have a complete collection.

43 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I wonder if they will stop just anyone buying this kit or will they check to see if you've done x amount ?

Trying to decide if I should buy a 10,  for keep sake until I qualify for a 21 in a few years time. that way as I work my way through the numbers I can have a complete collection.

So when you click the link to buy, it takes you to the online entry page and you put in your name and ID and then this pops up

image.png.3436ec5b48f9d26be4480714977eeeba.png

I have not tried to click the link for the other jerseys to see if I can buy those as well but there is no option to add any other jerseys to my cart via the red jersey link. My Dad and I will probably just do one order so one of us will buy 2. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping us from buying more than one. As a matter of interest, I will click on the others and see. I assume I will be able to buy 10 and 21 but not 40......yet.

20 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

So when you click the link to buy, it takes you to the online entry page and you put in your name and ID and then this pops up

image.png.3436ec5b48f9d26be4480714977eeeba.png

I have not tried to click the link for the other jerseys to see if I can buy those as well but there is no option to add any other jerseys to my cart via the red jersey link. My Dad and I will probably just do one order so one of us will buy 2. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping us from buying more than one. As a matter of interest, I will click on the others and see. I assume I will be able to buy 10 and 21 but not 40......yet.

Thanks for that, I'm going to assume they'll do something similar for if you buy at the expo.

I'm going to have to see how much money I can scrounge together for this trip, but I doubt they'll be changing the jerseys every year so might only land up buying next year.