[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

32 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Hey Cape Town, is eskom load shedding your sun?

clouds were very low this morning landing here. 57A13668-7285-4EA5-8F88-263B8EBE43D7.jpeg.56dd338cdfed388e3bb19fc1fa6e6acf.jpeg

anyway, todays prediction for Sunday. 
875F5C1B-9D1E-4CC5-9438-7C34F9EACAE9.png.ed01c9ddebde07714b7ca7878c7c7774.png

Were you on the 6:30 Lift flight? 

Wish the weather can stay like this come Sunday. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Ouzo said:

Down here early due to special on flight ticket, was crazy cheap, did not make sense to come later. 

not at fish hoek, no. In muizenberg again. 

Lekker man. I will only be down there on Friday afternoon, staying at the waterfront again, right opposite the aquarium. I'll send you a whatsapp later, maybe we can meet up.

Don't stress about the weather  (cape point forecast)

image.png.3d85f61cbe0aa7451b467164a68ba976.png

Maybe rather stress about the water you drink or who you shake hands with... Been in bed for 36hrs and still feel very weak and flat due to the damn bug that's been going around for the last 2/3 three months... 2nd time it hits me hard in two months, and I've heard of a few other people that are in the same boat. Not ideal for post tour du cap recovery, I was planning on firing all cylinders by tomorrow, now I'm thinking of doing at best reco/z2 rides until the race and hope for the best

Edited by Jbr

46 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Maybe rather stress about the water you drink or who you shake hands with... Been in bed for 36hrs and still feel very weak and flat due to the damn bug that's been going around for the last 2/3 three months... 2nd time it hits me hard in two months, and I've heard of a few other people that are in the same boat. Not ideal for post tour du cap recovery, I was planning on firing all cylinders by tomorrow, now I'm thinking of doing at best reco/z2 rides until the race and hope for the best

I have to remember that in Cape Town, I can reasonably expect the weather to be observed differently out of windows on opposite sides of my home. 🥴

So good luck to everyone keeping an eye on the weather. Feeling a bit broken-recordy,as I said this last year

18 hours ago, The itch said:

HKGK - 'the top riders aged 17 - 29 who do not qualify for the elite race'. what is the criteria to qualify? or what description do they use for those that fulfill the criteria? 250 in a bunch , hope every one is CSA licensed or have their own medical aid.

Basically okes with low seeding index and do t have a CSA licence….

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

giphy.gif

Edited by 'Dale

24 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I have to remember that in Cape Town, I can reasonably expect the weather to be observed differently out of windows on opposite sides of my home. 🥴

So good luck to everyone keeping an eye on the weather. Feeling a bit broken-recordy,as I said this last year

And 30 minutes later the view may well be totally different ....

But we LOVE the Mother city :thumbup:

At what intervals are the front seeded groups setting off?  It was one minute apart in 2020 and that formed a thousand stong mega bunch by Miller's Point.  I hope the intervals are at least two minutes this year.

3 hours ago, edgarblount said:

Were you on the 6:30 Lift flight? 

Wish the weather can stay like this come Sunday. 

Yep, we’re you on that flight too?

12 minutes ago, buchanan said:

At what intervals are the front seeded groups setting off?  It was one minute apart in 2020 and that formed a thousand stong mega bunch by Miller's Point.  I hope the intervals are at least two minutes this year.

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/2023-cape-town-cycle-tour-start-times/

So glad that disasterous experiments of 30 second and 1 minute splits are now officially over

10 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Yep, we’re you on that flight too?

Yep. Pulling amps now. A bit early for me nowadays. 😴

But we are in Slaapstad now so it's fine.

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

Been in bed for 36hrs and still feel very weak and flat due to the damn bug that's been going around for the last 2/3 three months...

... now I'm thinking of doing at best reco/z2 rides until the race and hope for the best

Yeah, got up this morning feeling the worse for wear too. 🤒

Not ideal but I guess it is what it is. 

Stay positive.! 🙏

Hi guys.

Question.

Has anyone tried doing a substitution at registration? I wanna buy a ticket off someone. They saying I just need to take the letter on Saturday to expo.

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

That's bad news - I'm paranoid about bugs and was so even before the Covid catastrophe - I skeef people out if they sneeze around me.

Funny thing is it has absolutely no bearing on whether I get sick or not - hope you're at full strength by Sunday

8 minutes ago, kader01 said:

Hi guys.

Question.

Has anyone tried doing a substitution at registration? I wanna buy a ticket off someone. They saying I just need to take the letter on Saturday to expo.

Expo only starts tomorrow

2 hours ago, kader01 said:

Hi guys.

Question.

Always used to receive mails saying substitutions were closed before hand. I've never done it myself at the EXPO but I see someone commented a page or few back saying he got comms saying that they can change at expo.. So honestly I actually don't know, Am also interested if it will be allowed at the expo because then a few other mates will also do the same. I do know the fee is R200 though so don't forget that part. Please keep us updated if you actually can or can not because then Saturday a few mates can take up the offers they had from others.