[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

Riding my first CTCT . Prep was bad .I will be riding on the road converted to gravel bike and be using that as an excuse for not coming near 3h30 minutes .My goal was to ride with my daughter and her husband ,but their prep was /is to pump their tires and ride ,so i think i will be frustrated riding with them .Looking forward to a beautiful day around Cape Town 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

this laaitie has a bigger boep than Winde, it will do him the world of good healthwise.

AND having a cycling mayor can only be good for local cyclists

it is gonna takes a little more than a 109km fun ride for him to see health benefits 

12 minutes ago, eala said:

Riding my first CTCT . Prep was bad .I will be riding on the road converted to gravel bike and be using that as an excuse for not coming near 3h30 minutes .My goal was to ride with my daughter and her husband ,but their prep was /is to pump their tires and ride ,so i think i will be frustrated riding with them .Looking forward to a beautiful day around Cape Town 

ENJOY :clap:

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

it is gonna takes a little more than a 109km fun ride for him to see health benefits 

Maybe he'll have so much fun he'll keep riding...

19 minutes ago, babse said:

mad-tantrum.gif

I missed the part where it says female

EDIT : it's also for the males: First place in the following male age groups will also be awarded from this group: junior, U23, Elite, 30-34 and 35-39

Edited by Jbr

31 minutes ago, Jbr said:

it's also for the males: First place in the following male age groups will also be awarded from this group: junior, U23, Elite, 30-34 and 35-39

My reading of the comms is also that it is irrespective of your license held. i.e. you need to be in $ which requires one of a few racing licenses, then the best placed person within each age range gets a prize on Monday morning. Might be wrong, but it appears you can have an elite license and still take the 30-34 or 35-39 prize...

22 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I take it you are not riding on Sunday.... 🙁

Unfortunately still licking my wounds from fall at TdC... 

Probably a few weeks away from holding onto bars with 2 hands 😪

6 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

My reading of the comms is also that it is irrespective of your license held. i.e. you need to be in $ which requires one of a few racing licenses, then the best placed person within each age range gets a prize on Monday morning. Might be wrong, but it appears you can have an elite license and still take the 30-34 or 35-39 prize...

Isn't this what happened  in 2021 though when Christiaan came 2nd overall but 1st in 30-34 and in 2020 Theuns came 8th overall but 1st in 35-39?

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Isn't this what happened  in 2021 though when Christiaan came 2nd overall but 1st in 30-34 and in 2020 Theuns came 8th overall but 1st in 35-39?

They both held veteran licenses in those years though.
Was Hoffman awarded a veterans victory in 2021 when he won? He's always held an elite license...

52 minutes ago, babse said:

Unfortunately still licking my wounds from fall at TdC... 

Probably a few weeks away from holding onto bars with 2 hands 😪

Just glad nothing is broken! Trust you will be back in the saddle soon!

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

You might be right, in 2020 I don't think Christiaan won 30-34. I think Jaco Venter won 30-34 with Elite license? I need to be fact checked though :)

33 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

You might be right, in 2020 I don't think Christiaan won 30-34. I think Jaco Venter won 30-34 with Elite license? I need to be fact checked though :)

Where is @Tim Brink ?