Rhino Run 2022 - KAMAAAN Benky!!

Shebeen

18 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

This is textbook racing, call a truce until the last 800km sprintĀ 

LOL

It is important not to sprint too early and burn all your matches before the finish line. Good to see that they left it this late

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Roul said:

I assume Benky had a rest over night? See AZ is 9km odd ahead of Benky.

At 5:00am when I checked today Benky was about 120 km behind AZ. I think the rest paid off for Benky

1 hour ago, Roul said:

I assume Benky had a rest over night? See AZ is 9km odd ahead of Benky.

benky slept somewhere in the bustling metropolis of Khauseb (they call it Nam Vegas) from 12- 3am, abdullah came through about 20minutes beyond him and pushed through.

image.png.b642f39749850fda614a490b9148951f.png

Ā 

abdullah stopped for 2 hours from 6-8am on the side of the road here, Benky came past 30minutes after he got going again

image.png.d1008a7849276e2ee39e6d467f800d06.png

Ā 

riding speeds are very similar. If you look at Rosh Pinah to Khuiseb yesterday afternoon, they did the 166km about at speeds of 20.24/20.37 km/h (KB/AZ) with Benky about 30mminutes ahead most of the way.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

benky slept somewhere in the bustling metropolis of Khauseb (they call it Nam Vegas) from 12- 3am, abdullah came through about 20minutes beyond him and pushed through.

image.png.b642f39749850fda614a490b9148951f.png

Ā 

abdullah stopped for 2 hours from 6-8am on the side of the road here, Benky came past 30minutes after he got going again

image.png.d1008a7849276e2ee39e6d467f800d06.png

Ā 

riding speeds are very similar. If you look at Rosh Pinah to Khuiseb yesterday afternoon, they did the 166km about at speeds of 20.24/20.37 km/h (KB/AZ) with Benky about 30mminutes ahead most of the way.

Fresh on a Saturday morning after 8 hours sleep I do 50km at a similar average speed

Wow, averaging 20km/h this far into an Ultra, in the hillier part of the course, is flippen amazing. Major props to him.

Everyone who is doing this ride is a legend. Amazing stuff.Ā Ā 

With 500km to go for the leaders, what is a realistic ETA? Friday late afternoon / evening, assuming another quick nap sometime tonight?Ā 

20 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Q: what does Full Meal on the tracker (full distance ... i.e. all the way to Windhoek?)

Full meal = Full distance

Entree = Finish in Stellenbosch.

8 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Benky with scant 20-odd kilometre lead. 330 or so to go.Ā 

It's going to be a tight finish. Early hours of Saturday morning perhaps??

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

šŸ˜… Who knows with those two. If it was me it would be an early next Thursday finish.Ā 

51 minutes ago, Dusty said:

They're both averaging 20km/h so that seems about right. I figure they both could push to the end without another rest, but the real mind games are coming up today.

Going to be one for the ages