Tour de France 2024

'Dale

2 hours ago, NicholasT said:

Madness!

IMG_0316.jpeg

To be fair, he slowed down so much that his fans blocked the entire road, and then he stopped to kiss his wife. Not the best situation when the next rider probably started 1min30 behind him. The guys a beast thought. I think I heard he still finished with a 46 kph average speed. 

Did they fine the FDJ dude that was drafting for half the TT?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't think the sanction is unreasonable, it's a critical TT in a 'rather important RACE' not some dawdling along wait till we sprint later stage, maar nou ja hier sit ons

54 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't think the sanction is unreasonable, it's a critical TT in a 'rather important RACE' not some dawdling along wait till we sprint later stage, maar nou ja hier sit ons

Tbf the rider behind him, Valentin Madouas, was fined and and penalized 40 sec for drafting. I don't think the riders coming in 60th place really care about the TT all that much.

Lesser skilled rider if he had to stop.

Riders of the past known for this sort of thing would do it on the go while popping a wheelie.

And the maillot vert in Girmay wins again. The first rider to win twice in this year’s Tour de France and also the second ever win for IWG. 

Tomorrow the so-called Spirit Of Grêvvel visits the Tour with 14 segments over 32 kilometres. Tyre choices, tyre pressure debates, choosing the right racing line, staying near the front, and more. Don’t blink.

Pic @jeredgruber

IMG_8120.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

On 7/6/2024 at 7:30 PM, 'Dale said:

And the maillot vert in Girmay wins again. The first rider to win twice in this year’s Tour de France and also the second ever win for IWG. 

Tomorrow the so-called Spirit Of Grêvvel visits the Tour with 14 segments over 32 kilometres. Tyre choices, tyre pressure debates, choosing the right racing line, staying near the front, and more. Don’t blink.

Pic @jeredgruber

IMG_8120.jpeg

Enjoyable to watch yesterday.

Some suspected a shakeup in GC, but this did not happen.

It was a bit strange to see Remco getting dropped consistently on the gravel. His annoyance with Pogi and FishFingers was not justified, they understand that there are 2 weeks left. 

On 7/6/2024 at 7:36 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

To a few. Most of them don't give 2 hoots. 

But, the rules are the rules, and I'm sure his team will pay the fine. 

On 7/6/2024 at 2:58 PM, peepeekaitjie said:

He’s French. He wasn’t fined for stopping to kiss someone, he was fined because it was his wife and not a mistress.

Bloody amateur, in the old days they stopped for a quick shag in the bushes.... nowadays I suspect so many fans pose a problem for privacy.