Tour de France 2024

'Dale

13 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Did he though? Cynical I know, but he seemed to fish around in his pockets for ages. I couldn't work out if he was looking for a gel or an excuse.

Whatever the case, these two are now going to knock the hell out of each other for the next week and a half. One a bit undercooked, one a bit overcooked.

My 2c is that he legit bonked. If he didn't have legs, I reckon he wouldn't have hammered the Puy Mary decent as hard as he did. And he was fishing for a gel and looking for neutral service for so much of the time he was with Jonas. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

My 2c is that he legit bonked. If he didn't have legs, I reckon he wouldn't have hammered the Puy Mary decent as hard as he did. And he was fishing for a gel and looking for neutral service for so much of the time he was with Jonas. 

He also does seem like a guy with a lot of integrity who hasn't battled to say "I wasn't strong enough today" in the past. He hasn't looked for excuses. But ya, he has looked invincible for so long that it might be tempting to keep that aura by implying that the only reason he was vaguely beatable today was down to poor eating.

Haven't watched the stage, but know the result, and can only comment based on comments I've read/heard. If today was a "bad" day for Pog, and he only lost 1s to Jonas (time bonuses), then it's as good as a win.

It's not as one-sided as some comments have said it would be.

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Un Bee leave able……

You're quoting a guy who won the tour following a hunting accident that left him with more than 35 shotgun pellets still lodged in his body, some in the lining of his heart and some in lodged in his liver, and today is what you find unbelievable?

13 minutes ago, NickGM said:

You're quoting a guy who won the tour following a hunting accident that left him with more than 35 shotgun pellets still lodged in his body, some in the lining of his heart and some in lodged in his liver, and today is what you find unbelievable?

Shot in September of 1986 returned to cycling in 1988 and was now where, took a further year to recover to the point where winning the tour was even feasible 

Vs 

a guy who punctured a lung, broke vertebra , ribs and collar bone and is everyone is going gaga because he cries and dedicates it all to his family. 
same narrative as the guy who said he can’t help the naysayers and the non believers yada ya da yada

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Shot in September of 1986 returned to cycling in 1988 and was now where, took a further year to recover to the point where winning the tour was even feasible 

Vs 

a guy who punctured a lung, broke vertebra , ribs and collar bone and is everyone is going gaga because he cries and dedicates it all to his family. 
same narrative as the guy who said he can’t help the naysayers and the non believers yada ya da yada

Cute story bro

Hi guys,

Not sure if its been discussed here, it's a busy thread so difficult to go back and check through all the posts, but is anyone else frustrated with Supersport's broadcasting if highlights packages for those of us that aren't able to follow the live coverage?

Last week they were fairly consistent with a 2 hour highlights package from 19h30 to 21h30 (though they did randomly skip one day). Now this week they haven't had that for stage 10 or 11 (instead its now showing at 11pm, which is also not feasible). Does anyone know what's up with that, or whether its worth it for me/us (anyone else with the same frustrations) to send them an email?

They do have their 25min highlight clips on catchup, so fairplay to them for that, but thats just a bit condensed for me and I prefer the 2 hour highlights. I wonder if they couldn't just put the 2 hour highlights on catchup too?

Too lazy to look back but what happened to 'it will be all over after the 4th day' predictors?

Bit of a change in circumstance for me (not in a bad way) so I watch when and where I can, enjoying it though!

10 hours ago, Pall Catt said:

Hi guys,

Not sure if its been discussed here, it's a busy thread so difficult to go back and check through all the posts, but is anyone else frustrated with Supersport's broadcasting if highlights packages for those of us that aren't able to follow the live coverage?

Last week they were fairly consistent with a 2 hour highlights package from 19h30 to 21h30 (though they did randomly skip one day). Now this week they haven't had that for stage 10 or 11 (instead its now showing at 11pm, which is also not feasible). Does anyone know what's up with that, or whether its worth it for me/us (anyone else with the same frustrations) to send them an email?

They do have their 25min highlight clips on catchup, so fairplay to them for that, but thats just a bit condensed for me and I prefer the 2 hour highlights. I wonder if they couldn't just put the 2 hour highlights on catchup too?

Some stages might not have 2 hours worth of highlights to show.