• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, babse said:

''Looks like a junior race the way they attacking each other all over the road"

Fun ride world champs

57 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Fascinating stage. 100km done, 78km remaining and attacks are still flying.

Pogacar is taking this one...

Maybe not... GC group now 5'48 behind front riders.

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Maybe not... GC group now 5'48 behind front riders.

Visma sending Van Aert and Laporte up ahead, I think we will see a attack on the du noyer from Jonas. My money is still on Pogi for the stage

1 minute ago, Irvin85 said:

Visma sending Van Aert and Laporte up ahead, I think we will see a attack on the du noyer from Jonas. My money is still on Pogi for the stage

I agree the GC riders will attack each other, but they are not bringing back a 6min lead on these 2 remaining climbs.

Tiesj to take it from the 4 man breakaway...

Another great stage - well done Carapaz! Always great for the breakaway to come away with a victory!

Pogacar once again the catalyst - providing us with some excitement and entertainment at the end.

Perhaps Vingegaard is saving himself for an assault in the stages to come?

Superb racing from the break with high quality mountain goats aspiring to bring victory to their teams after what has been an absolute drought for escape artists.

From what I've read in the build-up to the Grand Tour, Richard Carapaz crashed during the Tour de Suisse and could not ride outdoors due to his injured shoulder. Then a gogga of some sorts got to him too, leaving him with fever and he could only muster one 3 hr ride in the few weeks before the Tour de France.

He rode himself into the maillot jaune in week 1 which was a milestone for EF-Education Easypost - an achievement they have been dreaming about for more than 15 years.

After a few attempts in the breakaway, often with teammate Ben Healy, he simply could not get away as the maillot jaune and his team would hunt for stage glory and bonus seconds. Today's breakaway victory will mean a lot for the USA-based team.

The reigning Olympic champion now joins a very special club of riders who have won stages in all three Grand Tours. And have worn all 3 Grand Tour leaders. And, finally, the first Ecuadorian to win a stage at the TdF.

Fall down 7 times; get up 8 times. - Japanese proverb.  

So so true in the world of high-performance. This grit and determination is inspiring me to go out and train in the hills for hours.

Pic: IG @efprocycling

Screen Shot 2024-07-17 at 17.06.59-3.png

Edited by 'Dale

Interviewer : Tadej, why diD you attack?

Tadej: I don't know it just happened, you know, one minute i was just riding along , the next i drop a violent fart, we had curry and rice for dinner last night, so  anyway I dropped the gas and just had to get away from it you know

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Superb racing from the break with high quality mountain goats aspiring to bring victory to their teams after what has been an absolute drought for escape artists.

From what I've read in the build-up to the Grand Tour, Richard Carapaz crashed during the Tour de Suisse and could not ride outdoors due to his injured shoulder. Then a gogga of some sorts got to him too, leaving him with fever and he could only muster one 3 hr ride in the few weeks before the Tour de France.

He rode himself into the maillot jaune in week 1 which was a milestone for EF-Education Easypost - an achievement they have been dreaming about for more than 15 years.

After a few attempts in the breakaway, often with teammate Ben Healy, he simply could not get away as the maillot jaune and his team would hunt for stage glory and bonus seconds. Today's breakaway victory will mean a lot for the USA-based team.

The reigning Olympic champion now joins a very special club of riders who have won stages in all three Grand Tours. And have worn all 3 Grand Tour leaders. And, finally, the first Ecuadorian to win a stage at the TdF.

Fall down 7 times; get up 8 times. - Japanese proverb.  

So so true in the world of high-performance. This grit and determination is inspiring me to go out and train in the hills for hours.

Pic: IG @efprocycling

Screen Shot 2024-07-17 at 17.06.59-3.png

Let's not get carried away now.

13 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Another great stage - well done Carapaz! Always great for the breakaway to come away with a victory!

Pogacar once again the catalyst - providing us with some excitement and entertainment at the end.

How much longer can he keep his poker face though? Stage 18 of 21 today, I'd say if he doesn't cash in his chips now, he's stuck with a pair, while Pogi holds a royal flush.

14 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Unfortunately not.  I watched yesterday's stage.  He blew up by trying his utmost best to close the gap, which he could not.  Perhaps he should have ridden his own (TT) pace for a better result???

Probably wishful thinking, but I'm still hoping Jonas can take some time back Fri & Sat, proper high altitude mountain stages, just maybe ..... 😊

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Probably wishful thinking, but I'm still hoping Jonas can take some time back Fri & Sat, proper high altitude mountain stages, just maybe ..... 😊

even me, but reality is Pogi is just all round better this year... Jonas looks spent.

14 minutes ago, Meezo said:

even me, but reality is Pogi is just all round better this year... Jonas looks spent.

The way things looked yesterday I think the chances are better for Jonas to lose his second place than it is for him to gain time on Pogi. That being said, stranger things has happened in the past. 

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

How much longer can he keep his poker face though? Stage 18 of 21 today, I'd say if he doesn't cash in his chips now, he's stuck with a pair, while Pogi holds a royal flush.

He's done, There is no saving of the leg for an attack. There is only defending 2nd from Remco, who smells blood. I'd expect Remco to try and take a few seconds every day till Saturday and go into the  ITT with a 1min 20 deficit to 2nd and try and take 2nd on the line