Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vingegaard averaged 6.9w/kg on stage 5 up the last climb. Yesterday he did 6.8w/kg for the last section of the Tourmalet which is at much higher altitude. Clearly shows that Jonas level was exactly the same, just that Pogi had much better legs yesterday.

Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

2 wins and he's halves his position on the ladder

Frightening to say it... he has done that, all the while still being eligible for the White Jersey.

Time is on his side, he can match/surpass Merckx and Cav.

21 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Vingegaard averaged 6.9w/kg on stage 5 up the last climb. Yesterday he did 6.8w/kg for the last section of the Tourmalet which is at much higher altitude. Clearly shows that Jonas level was exactly the same, just that Pogi had much better legs yesterday.

Thanks for this.

Can you please share the link, like to read about the racing and the stats.

Took a subscription on Escape, the bike shows I enjoy and the left field journalism, but till this morning, nothing on these power informations.

7 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Thanks for this.

Can you please share the link, like to read about the racing and the stats.

Took a subscription on Escape, the bike shows I enjoy and the left field journalism, but till this morning, nothing on these power informations.

I heard it on a podcast. Either Lanterne Rouge or The Move podcast. Can’t remember which one now.

Anyone notice the comments from Tom Southey at 18Km to go?
"Ok, James you have to follow. You have super, super legs. And these are the best in the world and you are in the game with them. Neilson, you are also really in this game, ok."

image.png.31380a7489c1b3647fa9a93868365918.png

53 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

It was for significantly less time though, so not sure it's comparable.  Looking at the spreads on the graphs in the lanternrouge article I would rather say that both were closer to exceptional but not top 30 all time (like Jonas was on stage 5).

On another note, the JV domestiques are just incredible so far.  They are destroying the peleton at will at the moment, and UAE have no answer other than relying on Pogacar being magical.

9 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

It was for significantly less time though, so not sure it's comparable.  Looking at the spreads on the graphs in the lanternrouge article I would rather say that both were closer to exceptional but not top 30 all time (like Jonas was on stage 5).

On another note, the JV domestiques are just incredible so far.  They are destroying the peleton at will at the moment, and UAE have no answer other than relying on Pogacar being magical.

Agreed but Tourmalet is at much higher altitude though compared to Marie Blanq which also plays a significant role.

5 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

No they did not, those numbers are greatly inflated.

1766 VAM / 8.9% is not 6.8W/kg, it is 6.3W/kg.