Tour de France 2024

'Dale

So i had a look this weekend on Strava at Wout van Aert’s avg rides/time/distance per week this year thus far 🤯862c7b2b-08d4-4846-9f75-e9518a1654b8.jpeg.6ca452aa520ac114f14c20fd6edc621a.jpeg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was beautiful... Pity about the crash... but pushed to barrier then almost a bike length in the end

...looked like he was out

Just now, Frosty said:

Looks like Caracaz is in yellow 

Remco showed his disappointment there, what a tjop Caracaparaz

5 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Lets hope that there is no champagne on the podium now....

Definitely needs to stay away from the champagne

The challenge with 'Being The First' is that one represents a generation, a nation, and, at times, a continent. ‘Being The First’ comes with extraordinary internal and external challenges, whether performance, resource, cultural, and more. No role models of significance during childhood, no history or legacy of achievement in one's community and then there's the career building pathway far away from home while making a base in EuroLand.

This win is remarkable and such an excellent display of timing, power, bike handling skills and courage. He had a series of tough crashes too to overcome; one being that high speed scenario when Wout also ended his Spring campaign and the latest incident at the Giro. Now add the burdens and blessings of ‘Being The First’. Massive credit to team IWG for long-term backing of Girmay.

"Ever since I started cycling, I’ve always been dreaming to be part of the Tour de France - but now, I can’t believe it, to win the Tour de France in my second year in a big bunch sprint, for me it is unbelievable.

"I just want to thank my family, my wife, all the Eritreans, and Africans, we must be proud, now we are really part of the big races, now it’s our moment, our time. I just want to say congrats to all my whole team, because we didn’t have a victory yet [in the Tour de France]. But now is our moment, I’m super-happy. This win is for all Africans, congrats, I’m just super happy today.” - Bini 

IMG_8002.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

I must have missed that; transmission (Sporza) stopped just after they showed Jonas’ group cross the line.

Anyone know if Cav was caught up in the crash? He finished with Philipson, outside the top 100.

14 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I must have missed that; transmission (Sporza) stopped just after they showed Jonas’ group cross the line.

Anyone know if Cav was caught up in the crash? He finished with Philipson, outside the top 100.

Watch at about 6:15.

Screenshot_20240701_183537_YouTube.jpg

31 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Watch at about 6:15.

Screenshot_20240701_183537_YouTube.jpg

Clearly I was focused on Luigi

14 hours ago, Meezo said:

It was Ben Healy in front of Remco. Paracaz was 14th.

image.png.590de501a526cf0d9f151d4f878d27aa.png

Yoh, 6 years already since rolling the south eastern corner of France. The spot by the Galibier sign is very popular photography corner for the touring cyclist on his or her summer adventure. It took me just over 2 hrs to cruise to the top (2 600ish alt) via Col du Lautaret from hotel Le Cassini.

Stage 4 - Bonjour! Welcome to France, cycling fans. The 3,600 metres of ascent today over a mere 140 kms will be a big GC test and likely a small chance of success for any breakaway ambitions. 

Can the first Ecuadorian to wear the Golden Fleece hold onto the leader’s jersey? Will the Dane stick like bubblegum on a blanket to the Slovenian favourite’s wheel? Roglič keeping his powder dry for a stunning victory today? Can Evenepoel silence those critics that he is vulnerable in the high mountains? Don’t blink.

IMG_2236.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale