MTB fork for Development Rider (not freebies😉)

Kimikaze

I look after the Development and Community portfolio for the Wine Lands Cycling Club and 1 of our star mountain bikers, Atlehang, snapped his MTB fork at a recent race. The team are pretty good at MacGyvering things, but this goes beyond even MacGyver's skills. And now he is without his bike (healthy escape) over the school holidays 😞

So we are trying to source a replacement fork. He needs a 29er, tapered, non boost fork.

He is trying to sell another fork which doesn't fit his bike (for an ebike) to get funds for his fork. Here's the link to the Marketplace advert:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1170681516886841/?mibextid=dXMIcH

He will pay as much as he can towards a fork, hopefully using the funds from selling the above-mentioned one.

Anyone out there who can help in any way? Please connect with me. I can share his details to connect with him too.

FB_IMG_1670994790617.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-071107_WhatsApp.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if Robert has some options for you then I'll contribute the R500 to his parts bin 

DM me 

2 hours ago, Kimikaze said:

I look after the Development and Community portfolio for the Wine Lands Cycling Club and 1 of our star mountain bikers, Atlehang, snapped his MTB fork at a recent race. The team are pretty good at MacGyvering things, but this goes beyond even MacGyver's skills. And now he is without his bike (healthy escape) over the school holidays 😞

So we are trying to source a replacement fork. He needs a 29er, tapered, non boost fork.

He is trying to sell another fork which doesn't fit his bike (for an ebike) to get funds for his fork. Here's the link to the Marketplace advert:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1170681516886841/?mibextid=dXMIcH

He will pay as much as he can towards a fork, hopefully using the funds from selling the above-mentioned one.

Anyone out there who can help in any way? Please connect with me. I can share his details to connect with him too.

FB_IMG_1670994790617.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-071107_WhatsApp.jpg

jeepers, keen to know how Atlehang managed to do that! the reba is a strong fork!

22 minutes ago, Kom said:

jeepers, keen to know how Atlehang managed to do that! the reba is a strong fork!

A look at the stanchions should answer that question, hence my offer to sort the shock out...

2 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Why can he not use the fork he has?

Boostanator will work and it is tapered already?

Non-convertible QR front hub. You'll need a big hammer to get that 15mm axle through.

1 hour ago, Kimikaze said:

For realsies!? I will gladly take advantage of your fork hoarding problem 😬

Yes, sure, I think this one will be a good fit. Just excuse the background mess, I have too many of everything :blink:. Here's the deets of the fork in the kiekies: 27T52219806 - https://www.sram.com/en/service/models/fs-rcns-tk-b1?t=27T52219806 - just not sure why the image shows QR if the fork is TA 

Thank you @droo I can always ship it directly to you. 

20221214_103843.jpg

20221214_103829.jpg

20221214_103814.jpg

25 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Yes, sure, I think this one will be a good fit. Just excuse the background mess, I have too many of everything :blink:. Here's the deets of the fork in the kiekies: 27T52219806 - https://www.sram.com/en/service/models/fs-rcns-tk-b1?t=27T52219806 - just not sure why the image shows QR if the fork is TA 

Thank you @droo I can always ship it directly to you. 

20221214_103843.jpg

20221214_103829.jpg

20221214_103814.jpg

I think he'll need a QR fork - don't think those Sparks have convertible front hubs. Hopefully @Kimikazecan confirm.