Bike Hub 2022: Year in Review

Bike Hub Features

23 hours ago, Matt said:

A few clicks gets us that view, and it re-affirms what @Nick mentions. The decline in forum activity was occurring well before we began to focus more on Classifieds and before the narrowing of NCR scope.

As others have suggested, with more platforms available to do many of the things previously done on Bike Hub it's not surprising. WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Strava, etc. all have a place and are often better suited to specific use cases, e.g. organising a social/club ride, live-streaming or live-tweeting events, or even sharing memes with mates.

Forum post data (excluding non-cycling sections)
From comparison with earlier "Year in review" articles Non-cycling posts typically made up 25-40% of total annual posts.

image.png

Gosh, 2014 was pumping. And then, a steady YOY decrease. 2022's figures make for grim reading. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Glad to see I made the Top 10 of a list, again, lol. 

The topic starters are the real MVPs too! The commenters need somewhere to post.

9 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Gosh, 2014 was pumping. And then, a steady YOY decrease. 2022's figures make for grim reading. 

And here we are really proud of our 2022 Year in Review numbers 🤣

21 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

I guess it depends a lot on your perspective and what Bike Hub is to you. Forum activity has steadily declined, a little grim? Perhaps. But not unexpected.

In 2010 I left a promising career at a great company to pursue the Classifieds opportunity within Bike Hub. With that lens on it's far from grim reading:

image.png