MORNE

On 2/8/2023 at 10:53 PM, MORNE said:

Stages:

1: Skydive

2: Pipeline

3: Pinecone

4: Super Bowl

5: Stifler’s Mom

lll try and get them drawn on a map in the next days.

edit: can someone please point out Pipeline on a map, the rest are all there to see on trailforks..ill still put them on a map.Assuming something got a name change or it’s new. Any locals? Maybe @Warren Melissa Go Riding?

thanks

Any idea if it's raining that weekend? asking for a friend... who prefers cooler climate, locally.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BikeGenie said:

Any idea if it's raining that weekend? asking for a friend... who prefers cooler climate, locally.

its only gonna rain for the witfontein enduro fortunately

Just now, Meezo said:

its only gonna rain for the witfontein enduro fortunately

packs wet lube and toothbrush...

11 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

Only starting a 2pm apparently so should be a different experience in terms of weather and light nearing the end of the day imo. They should make these ‘mild’ enduros twilight/night races, so you have to enduro with some lights on your bike. That will separate the men from the boys too for sure. 

Edited by MORNE

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

Only starting a 2pm apparently so should be a different experience in terms of weather and light nearing the end of the day imo. They should make these ‘mild’ enduros twilight/night races, so you have to enduro with some lights on your bike. That will separate the men from the boys too for sure. 

No need for lights, sun sets around 19:00. Most should be long done by then. I’ve done some TM rides late afternoon without lights. 

1 minute ago, BikeGenie said:

No need for lights, sun sets around 19:00. Most should be long done by then. I’ve done some TM rides late afternoon without lights. 

those XC rides don't need lights

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

That's exclusionary for those of us who don't own lights.... 

Surely Eskom could….. NVM..

lights candle for windy city NightRide..🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by BikeGenie

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

Im saying lets do these “XC’duro’s”  in the dark for added fun. Its awesome riding in the dark. Everything feels faster.

Riding in the dark is awesome and risky on its own, adding the element of pushing limits to it, that’s a shot in the dark.

Any piece of trail that's vaguely downhill fits the bill as a #enduro track actually.  FYI - DH tracks as raced at the WC DH series are not the most gnarly things you'll find. They're designed to encourage participation and avoid injury.  The JH enduro course is both physically more demanding and technically harder than all the WC DH races . Its a bit of a crazy situation because shuttle uplifted DH riders are at least wearing better protection than most #enduro bros. 

The sport has to grow somehow and having events like the Paarl fest races is a way to do that. I think the  #endurobro's are worried the XC okes are going to out pedal them 🙂 

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

The sport has to grow somehow and having events like the Paarl fest races is a way to do that. I think the  #endurobro's are worried the XC okes are going to out pedal them

Nope, the #endurobro's are worried that lycra and spandex are going to take over the baggies and mandatory knee guards down by your ankles after the ride for the rest of the day brigade