Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

8 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Last couple of days was very exciting. Just wish they have more of the women's race as well. Maybe split screen with one side men's race and other women's race.. 🤔 

Without being funny, what did we miss out on the ladies coverage? With field being so thin I felt coverage was sufficient as the racing was significantly more exciting on the mens side. My view anyway...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

As long as he has a contract with Ineos I cannot see that happening. His off road activities already are a push contract wise 

Picked him because he doesn’t have a MTB bike contract, unlike MvDP. Unlikely Nino will change his mindset so maybe picking his partner should be done differently 

5 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Picked him because he doesn’t have a MTB bike contract, unlike MvDP. Unlikely Nino will change his mindset so maybe picking his partner should be done differently 

He does with Ineos he races xc under the program and there is NO chance Ineos will let him jump into a Scott jersey to race epic. 
it is also in the heat of classics season that he is paid 3 million euros a year to race well. 

7 minutes ago, babse said:

Without being funny, what did we miss out on the ladies coverage? With field being so thin I felt coverage was sufficient as the racing was significantly more exciting on the mens side. My view anyway...

What we missed is coverage ... which is what is needed for top teams to want to join.

In terms of racing coverage ... agree with you

10 minutes ago, babse said:

Agree, the field are really thin. They need to get more top teams entering. Don't know how they going to do that, but it will be great for the sport. 

1 minute ago, dev null said:

I just wish the commentators would stop to compare the Cape Epic to the Tour de France. Give the Epic is own due. I almost puked when the commentator compared Val de Vie to the Champs de Elysees.

The food is probably cheaper vs CE and not so many unfortunate drug addicts trying to pick pocket you 

15 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

He does with Ineos he races xc under the program and there is NO chance Ineos will let him jump into a Scott jersey to race epic. 
it is also in the heat of classics season that he is paid 3 million euros a year to race well. 

3m€??? Forget I asked. 

If you were to pick a non-affiliated rider for next year? Train Andrei harder or pick who? 

9 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

3m€??? Forget I asked. 

If you were to pick a non-affiliated rider for next year? Train Andrei harder or pick who? 

Same team but ride as unit and respect your partner and their abilities. Same as I said before on the approach 

9 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

3m€??? Forget I asked. 

Mathias Flückiger….. 🤣

except he rides for Thömus and then there is some “history” like that little crash with Nino at lenzerheide 

2 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Mathias Flückiger….. 🤣

except he rides for Thömus and then there is some “history” like that little crash with Nino at lenzerheide 

No no no…Mathias and Nino will kill each other by day two. Am with @J Wakefield keep same team and ride to the others capabilities. 

2 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Mathias Flückiger….. 🤣

Hahaha that will be something to watch 🍿

22 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Some 4x4s. 😎

image.png.323f3d1daa1f6f5ed89e413705151575.png

Is this just spare bikes? I don't see Matt's whip