SRAM announce hangerless Eagle Transmission drivetrains

News bot

48 minutes ago, Headshot said:

That isn't what you nay think it is. I wonder if there will ever be an adaptor to make your older bike UDH compatible?

That will be a challenge, but we can only hope .... :) 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

That isn't what you nay think it is. I wonder if there will ever be an adaptor to make your older bike UDH compatible?

8 minutes ago, TheoG said:

That will be a challenge, but we can only hope .... :) 

Nope this thing is so you can fit tailfin carriers to the special thru axle tailfin makes. Your biek still needs to be UDH forthis to work.

Older bikes will never be UDH compatible because there just isn't enough space between the 10t sprocket and the rear drop out to fit the Transmission derailleur. This is ultimately the deciding actor on whether or not your bike can fit SRAM Transmission

18 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Nope this thing is so you can fit tailfin carriers to the special thru axle tailfin makes. Your biek still needs to be UDH forthis to work.

Older bikes will never be UDH compatible because there just isn't enough space between the 10t sprocket and the rear drop out to fit the Transmission derailleur. This is ultimately the deciding actor on whether or not your bike can fit SRAM Transmission

Yip, unfortunately that's how I also understood it .... :(.

If you want the fancy new DR, you need UDH, your (my) 2013 old model is not going to make the cut.

To get UDH = New frame and/or bike ... 😪

Edited by TheoG

16 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yip, unfortunately that's how I also understood it .... :(.

If you want the fancy new DR, you need UDH, your (my) 2013 old model is not going to make the cut.

To get UDH = New frame and/or bike ... 😪

There is no need to cry - you'll be able to get normal derailleurs for years if not forever. I reckon microshift 10 speed with 11-48 rear cassette is the way to go. Cheap and works great by all accounts.

17 minutes ago, Headshot said:

There is no need to cry - you'll be able to get normal derailleurs for years if not forever. I reckon microshift 10 speed with 11-48 rear cassette is the way to go. Cheap and works great by all accounts.

I'm happy to ride my bike with 12sp GX AXS on a Microspline free-body for many years to come.  BUT I'm not going to say no thank you if a nice frame with UDH comes across my path .... 😊

4 hours ago, Headshot said:

I really had high hopes for microshift 

but to be honest i have yet to see a bike with microshift that shifts decent..... I'm not talking AXS or xx1 mechanical but just decent

It might work but I'll rather pay a little more for the crispness of xt or Gx 

16 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I really had high hopes for microshift 

but to be honest i have yet to see a bike with microshift that shifts decent..... I'm not talking AXS or xx1 mechanical but just decent

It might work but I'll rather pay a little more for the crispness of xt or Gx 

You may be right - I'm going on second hand information re Microshift but I'd be prepared to give it a go as the pricing is so competitive even in SA. You're paying a lot more for XT and GX. Microshift is more in Deore pricing territory.

21 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

A lot of bikes are coming out with SRAM SX

(Not all of them are cheap bikes)

2023 titan cypher dash dual suspension carbon mountain bike (R 47999.99)

https://www.cyclelab.com/product/1017339-bike-mtb-ds-carb-titan-cypher-dash-my23

Is SX any Good ?

Has Anyone done High Mileage on SX ? And can give an Honest Opinion

Asking for a friend.

I had Sram SX on a bike that my boss bought for me, worked okay, I wouldn't say that it is terrible but found that it lost its adjustment more than I would have liked, and needed some help finding some gears. They also use more plastic in it, hence it being cheaper, and in terms of high mileage I only got about 800km out of it before it grew legs, so cannot tell you how well it holds up after that. I would rather look at Deore, there are a lot more positive reviews on it.

On 4/25/2023 at 11:57 AM, dasilvarsa said:

A lot of bikes are coming out with SRAM SX

(Not all of them are cheap bikes)

2023 titan cypher dash dual suspension carbon mountain bike (R 47999.99)

https://www.cyclelab.com/product/1017339-bike-mtb-ds-carb-titan-cypher-dash-my23

Is SX any Good ?

Has Anyone done High Mileage on SX ? And can give an Honest Opinion

Asking for a friend.

I’m sorry but it’s useless. 

Even NX is terrible. Average shifting and doesn’t last. 

GX bare minimum on SRAM. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:16 PM, MORNE said:

image.gif.547f44f1a6ecd7733d30a1e69c67fff9.gifimage.jpeg.742401d8c80c6de434d798997271509c.jpeg

So….either someone’s taking the piss (100% likely), or Summit Bikes are just plain legends (also 100% true)

still crazy expensive, but grab it while its hot if you are looking, and save yourself 13….yes R13k!!!! 

that clearly demonstrates how we get shafted by some local stores imo. 

IMG_7699.jpeg.113d204d20c6b7fb70f716c7609501ba.jpeg

Edit:

this other store i wont even name….

IMG_7700.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

32 minutes ago, MORNE said:

So….either someone’s taking the piss (100% likely), or Summit Bikes are just plain legends (also 100% true)

still crazy expensive, but grab it while its hot if you are looking, and save yourself 13….yes R13k!!!! 

that clearly demonstrates how we get shafted by some local stores imo. 

IMG_7699.jpeg.113d204d20c6b7fb70f716c7609501ba.jpeg

Edit:

this other store i wont even name….

IMG_7700.jpeg

It is costly, if you can get it for R56k you should take it (if you are in the market for it), considering if you got the older XX1 AXS groupset with powermeter you are looking at roughly R50k (dependant on discounts etc.)