The Specialized Epic WC wants to kill the hardtail

News bot

Press Release The Epic World Cup is a purpose-built machine; and its purpose is to win. We challenged ourselves to eschew the conventional understanding of what it takes to be the fastest and rose to that challenge with an unprecedented integrated system approach to chassis engineering, revolutionary shock design, and peerless ride dynamics. The result? […]

View full article

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jacques Joubert WC said:

Looks like Specialized's reponse to the Supercaliber...or am I missing something?

Little bit more travel and looks like a less complicated rear shock design than Trek. I like the look of both and wouldn't mind either. 

They are both short travel dual suspensions not sure what they are on about like they reinvented the wheel. 

10 hours ago, W@nted said:

According to bikeradar, the frame can only take a 36t front chainring. Surely this cannot be large enough for the likes of Beers?

He rides the epic evo so probably doesn't matter 

10 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Little bit more travel and looks like a less complicated rear shock design than Trek. I like the look of both and wouldn't mind either. 

They are both short travel dual suspensions not sure what they are on about like they reinvented the wheel. 

Except for the sleeve that slides over the strut , the trek has A dead normal Fox DPS inside there 

Basically the aircan got replaced by that moerse stanchion .....which is why its so stiff 

10 hours ago, W@nted said:

Do most pros not ride a 38t?

I can turn a 38t , doesn't mean its ideal for my riding 

On most xco tracks I can't see a 36t being too small 

17 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Funny how every company tried to build the best dual susp bike, now they try to build the best hardtail with a little bit of rear travel.

Full circle; we’re officially back In the late 90s.

wait till you see the coral colour way option then you’ll understand 

Edited by DieselnDust