Pressure washer. Which is best?

mecheng89

54 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

All depends what your main intended use is, 

We have landed the Muc-Off Pressure Washers recently, these have a much lower pressure than a domestic Pressure Washer at around 70 Bar as opposed to most that push between 100 to 130 Bar. 

Much safer for your suspension and linkage seals. 

Comes with a snow foam lance and specific ones for your Bike or Motorbike.

https://evobikes.co.za/product/muc-off-pressure-washer-large-box-bike-eu-incl-fluid/

what's a "snow foam lance"?

something like this??

image.png.5c484171f96676505a0825bd63298f83.png

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

good idea.

i tried a pressure washer years ago.

bike looked awesome!

then it dried and it looked crap, because all the crap was still on it!

Nothing Wrong with a Lappie and 5ml of car wash juice.

Use "Microfiber" if you want to be a "Snob".

44 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

If you're not a klutz and go at it like a bull in a China shop nothing wrong with using a pressure cleaner to wash your bike ... due care is required.

Just my 2c

I have a karcher but i couldnt be bothered to get it out, set it up, just to clean a bicycle, and as mentioned by someone already, everything that needs electricity these days is a damn schlep. (I’m looking at you too my stupid AXS)  

Ive also come to realise over the years that people ‘overwash’ their crap to the point of washing the paint off just to have a shiny bike at the trailhead haha. 
Get over it, its not in a showroom, it will get dirty hen you use it😅

I still wash my bikes….once in a blue moon, with a bucket, some rags and a brush…maybe some soap. But I honestly dont get the full muckoff treatment after EVERY ride. I always use microfiber and paper towels to clean suspension seals and stanchions after a particularly dirty ride, but the rest….meh.  A quick wipe and lube does just fine. 

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

I have a karcher but i couldnt be bothered to get it out, set it up, just to clean a bicycle, and as mentioned by someone already, everything that needs electricity these days is a damn schlep. (I’m looking at you too my stupid AXS)  

Ive also come to realise over the years that people ‘overwash’ their crap to the point of washing the paint off just to have a shiny bike at the trailhead haha. 
Get over it, its not in a showroom, it will get dirty hen you use it😅

I still wash my bikes….once in a blue moon, with a bucket, some rags and a brush…maybe some soap. But I honestly dont get the full muckoff treatment after EVERY ride. I always use microfiber and paper towels to clean suspension seals and stanchions after a particularly dirty ride, but the rest….meh.  A quick wipe and lube does just fine. 

I don't own one and wash my bikes 'on demand'

I have however been in an environment where it was necessary to wash bikes with a pressure washer in the interest of time where I learnt there is a 'right' way

1 minute ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I don't own one and wash my bikes 'on demand'

I have however been in an environment where it was necessary to wash bikes with a pressure washer in the interest of time where I learnt there is a 'right' way

Me too. I also wont let anyone else come near my bikes with one. At Around the Pot last year I stood in line to get a rinse. Saw mr bike washer pressure wash the decals/bike wrap off some guy’s custom painted mtb haha

7 hours ago, MORNE said:

Me too. I also wont let anyone else come near my bikes with one. At Around the Pot last year I stood in line to get a rinse. Saw mr bike washer pressure wash the decals/bike wrap off some guy’s custom painted mtb haha

Dude, ja. so many people go "no way I'm riding if it's too muddy, it's too expensive to repair afterwards!"... Yet if you get to a waterpoint you'll see a big line of riders waiting to lay their bikes down and some dude pressure washing the living daylights out of the BB / Chain / Linkages / Hubs, square on, zero mercy, while they chomp down on a jaffle.

I wouldn’t spend money on a pressure washer purely for my bike, but I would spend money if I had multiple uses for it, eg. Cleaning cars, paving and walls, as well as paint/plaster stripping before a repair job (it worked well in this application with the dirt blaster wand).

18 hours ago, Mtree said:

+1 for a Karcher.
K2.360 works well enough for most jobs, but would probably go one bigger.
Spares are just a tad pricey.

I'm thinking of going for the K3.

It will have multiple uses, not bicycle exclusive. I've seen plenty of YT videos and read countless articles warning where not to point the washer when you're cleaning your bike. 

I see even Michelin sells a few pressure washers. Who is next, Goodyear?

On 6/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, Shebeen said:

what's a "snow foam lance"?

something like this??

image.png.5c484171f96676505a0825bd63298f83.png

Lance for life