Pressure washer. Which is best?

mecheng89

Good morning, Hubbers, on this cold autumn June first.

The title of the thread explains my question.

What is recommended? 

Budget is R5k absolute max.

I would definitely recommend Karcher, but there are domestic types and commercial types.

I have the K3 Classic which Makro has for R2900. The K4 Power Control is double the cost, but not double the quality.

My company is a distributor, so spares and servicing is pretty good, but not cheap. 

I bought the cheapest karcher from builders, specifically for my bike and its been working great for the past 2 years. Also cleaned paving and a few other things. Well worth the money. Only minor gripe is that standard hose is a bit short. Id get the 5m extenion.

1 hour ago, El Duderino said:

Karcher for me too. Have had one for years to keep paving and roof of house clean. Worked perfectly.

Would not use one on my bicycles though. 

Like He Said

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Seems majority Karcher. But which model? 

Shop about, get the best model on special for your budget.

Even their entry level is better than most of the cheaper brands.

Dont recall the model number of mine, probably discontinued by now in any case.  It has a 6 or 7m hose, and an assortment of sprayer fittings, also a foam/soap bucket.  Absolutely perfect for washing the car, and D.I.Y. projects around the house.

EDIT - I have the K3.190 model

For the bike, set to the lowest flow and pressure .... https://www.gardena.com/za/products/watering/garden-sprayer/ecoline-watering-sprayer/970536301/   

Edited by ChrisF

I've got the Kärcher K2 and I find it ideal for cleaning my bikes - occasional the car.
The pressure is on the light side so accidental damage on the bearings etc. is limited. Don't expect to do anything beyond that - it has just not enough power to properly deal with dirty walls and floors for example.
Another advantage is that a pressure washer doesn't use as much water as when using a standard hose. Needs electricity though which is a whole new challenge nowadays... 😉

All depends what your main intended use is, 

We have landed the Muc-Off Pressure Washers recently, these have a much lower pressure than a domestic Pressure Washer at around 70 Bar as opposed to most that push between 100 to 130 Bar. 

Much safer for your suspension and linkage seals. 

Comes with a snow foam lance and specific ones for your Bike or Motorbike.

https://evobikes.co.za/product/muc-off-pressure-washer-large-box-bike-eu-incl-fluid/

35 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Why not both. 😜

For a bike, I would get one of these:

IMG_1323.jpeg.3e1151049b347e3181c35e1fb3b4f9b0.jpeg

A water-based degreaser (mixed at correct dilution ratio) does the hard work, not the pressure of the water.

However, I will wash my car, and carpets with my Karcher.

47 minutes ago, Frosty said:

For a bike, I would get one of these:

IMG_1323.jpeg.3e1151049b347e3181c35e1fb3b4f9b0.jpeg

A water-based degreaser (mixed at correct dilution ratio) does the hard work, not the pressure of the water.

However, I will wash my car, and carpets with my Karcher.

good idea.

i tried a pressure washer years ago.

bike looked awesome!

then it dried and it looked crap, because all the crap was still on it!