• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Polokwane Game reserve. Polokwane Pedallers morning club ride. Awesome day. Did a total of 70km today. Havent done that mileage in more than a month. Recovering from the winter flu. Did tons of single track. Did not realise there were so much in the Reserve. Awesome day!

post-92026-0-45578700-1506186715_thumb.jpg

Where did my bike take me .... or rather where did I take my bike ....  :whistling:

For some obscure reason Meerendal was still closed when we drove pas there this morning -

post-110956-0-84407800-1506188162_thumb.jpg

Some time later I stopped to play with the camera -

post-110956-0-93787500-1506188216_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-53111200-1506188228_thumb.jpg

Passing Piketberg the early morning light provided a show that no camera can do justice to -

post-110956-0-69164600-1506188294_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-10699800-1506188308_thumb.jpg

DO stop at Floris in Clanwilliam -

post-110956-0-18778600-1506188367_thumb.jpg

I planned on taking the gravel road from Clanwilliam to Calvinia -

post-110956-0-50072900-1506188418_thumb.jpg

Sadly this road gives new meaning to "corrugated" !!!!  :eek:   :thumbdown:   You would need to run at a stupid speed to stay ontop of the corrugations, with regular ROCKS sticking out of the road surface .... nee-wat, so gaan ek nie my car opvoeter nie !!  Back to Clanwilliam, N7 Vanrhynsdorp, Niewoudtsville, Calvinia.

Then it was time for a slow cycle around town to explore the area -

post-110956-0-40363700-1506188593_thumb.jpg

One of very FEW flowers in the area .... NOT the typical flower season !!  But then again, we have done the route many times, and only once did we see the very last few flowers .... maybe one day ...  :whistling:

post-110956-0-84994300-1506188621_thumb.jpg

The other patch of flowers -

post-110956-0-66767500-1506188752_thumb.jpg

sure many members here have never seen or used this -

post-110956-0-45019600-1506188809_thumb.jpg

and this is another item soon to become obsolete ... well, cant remember when last I have used this -

post-110956-0-55712300-1506188867_thumb.jpg

yet another flash-back -

post-110956-0-72862800-1506188951_thumb.jpg

After the disaster that was last weekend's ride, I decided to take it a bit slower and do the first part of the ride with the Velo group so that I could suck wheel, and then wander off on my own for a bit of calm dirt riding.

qo2jxmn.jpg

r9yG3ZT.jpg

After the disaster that was last weekend's ride, I decided to take it a bit slower and do the first part of the ride with the Velo group so that I could suck wheel, and then wander off on my own for a bit of calm dirt riding.

qo2jxmn.jpg

r9yG3ZT.jpg

Looking at where the last picture was taken from and you being on a gravel grinder, I was just wondering if you go at such high speeds and if that is a traffic/speed camera picture because it looks like it has been taken from that pole behind you? :eek: :whistling:

Edited by BSG

A fellow rider was generous enough to lend his trusty steed for me to test out a road bike for the first time. Must admit, was a joy to ride! My favourite was putting down the power on the straights - we rode to Stellies. And accelerating on the road bike is nothing compared to my MTB.

Now I should just sell my kidney and then I am sorted!  :ph34r:

PS: I rode on the Raleigh, but I could not stop looking at those Darkhorse wheels.  :drool:

sqscI51.jpg

Edited by Andrew_Smith

................And accelerating on the road bike ..............

You are hooked. But you don't have to sell a kidney, just keep a close eye on the classifieds. Road bikes are cheap for what you get. Also, they are CHEAP to maintain, compared to a mtb. 

You are hooked. But you don't have to sell a kidney, just keep a close eye on the classifieds. Road bikes are cheap for what you get. Also, they are CHEAP to maintain, compared to a mtb. 

Haha, maybe? :whistling:

Agree 100% with you, would be easier on the wallet.

A fellow rider was generous enough to lend his trusty steed for me to test out a road bike for the first time. Must admit, was a joy to ride! My favourite was putting down the power on the straights - we rode to Stellies. And accelerating on the road bike is nothing compared to my MTB.

Now I should just sell my kidney and then I am sorted! :ph34r:

PS: I rode on the Raleigh, but I could not stop looking at those Darkhorse wheels. :drool:

sqscI51.jpg

As DJR pointed out road bikes are much cheaper to buy and maintain than MTB's.

You can pick up something like that Raleigh RC3000 for Around R3k and it will be more than enough bike to hold you up, unless you plan on racing Elites, then you should probably sell that kidney.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

As DJR pointed out road bikes are much cheaper to buy and maintain than MTB's.

You can pick up something like that Raleigh RC3000 for Around R3k and it will be more than enough bike to hold you up, unless you plan on racing Elites, then you should probably sell that kidney.[emoji6]

If I consider, the road bike will be used for early morning road loops, trips to Cape Town/Stellenbosch and for recovery rides.

I just love the fact that you can cover so much mileage in a short time. We left at roughly 06:20 and was back from Stellies just before 08:00.

If I consider, the road bike will be used for early morning road loops, trips to Cape Town/Stellenbosch and for recovery rides.

I just love the fact that you can cover so much mileage in a short time. We left at roughly 06:20 and was back from Stellies just before 08:00.

They are definitely fast and fun, but I will forever be caught in a love triangle with my roadbike and mtb.......once the gravelbike is complete its gonna become a quadrangle.[emoji48]

Now I should just sell my kidney and then I am sorted! :ph34r:

PS: I rode on the Raleigh, but I could not stop looking at those Darkhorse wheels. :drool:

sqscI51.jpg

It's a very slippery slope, Andrew Smith.

Save up

Choice ????