Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Your pics always look great[emoji106][emoji106]

Nice compliment coming from you  :thumbup: .

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to work obligations I had to annoyingly ditch the Trailseeker today :thumbdown:

BUT.... every cloud.... has another trail to ride...

I managed a quick sub hour at Heia :clap: before going in.

I've never done the whole of blue before,on it's own,  always as part of the other routes....

It's longer than I thought... funner than I thought ....AND, HARDER, than I thought.

It's not the kiddies trail :eek:  

Darren's also built some new HUGE berms for one to "Matt Hunter" on. ^_^

Another beautiful autumn sunrise...

post-6012-0-18427700-1432988862_thumb.jpg

the second floating bridge is a rather pretty sight at the moment... surrounded by lush green.

post-6012-0-43536300-1432988910_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-39076800-1432988919_thumb.jpg

Very nice bike ryan. I have decided that if I ever decide to build a hardcore hardtail, the 45650b would be the frame.

Thanks.

Give me a call when you're ready  ^_^  :thumbup: .

Edited by Ryanpmb

Guest notmyname

not that long, but you get an idea of what's been done.

Lekker. I'm rolling there tomorrow.

Lekker. I'm rolling there tomorrow.

We're SO fortunate here in the Big Smoke to have what we do when it comes to bike parks/places to ride.

We might not have the lush greenery or mountains, but we've got a ton of guys doing tons more great work!

And I've "only" got my regular spots to be happy about:-

VG

HAP at Heia (AND... there's a new HAP coming up in Krugersdorp at the Hobby Park, work's already started on the trails)

Avianto

The Cradle loop

Cog and Sprocket at Mount Grace

The Magaliesburg loop

THEN.....

there's all the places in Pretoria too;

Groenies (haven't been in years)

Buffelsdrift

Wolwespruit

The Souf has Thaba and Rietvlei

Hakahana near Haarties

Modderfontein...

PWC Park

Northerns

Breedts

I"m sure I'm missing some here, point is we're lucky and I'm very grateful for what we have! :clap:

oh , The Spruit too. 

Edited by L.T.G

Nice compliment coming from you  :thumbup: .

Honest opinion please, Ryan. How is the sensation of rolling resistance? Does it feel like you're dragging a Venter trailer behind you on the flats and the climbs?

Honest opinion please, Ryan. How is the sensation of rolling resistance? Does it feel like you're dragging a Venter trailer behind you on the flats and the climbs?

Compared to? I'm coming off a duallie 29r and have a HT rigid 29r so no, it climbs well and hammers along the flats just fine. It's even more fun when pointed downhill. Not really sure what you're asking though and what you're wanting me to make a comparison against...?

Compared to? I'm coming off a duallie 29r and have a HT rigid 29r so no, it climbs well and hammers along the flats just fine. It's even more fun when pointed downhill. Not really sure what you're asking though and what you're wanting me to make a comparison against...?

Compared to a traditional 29er. Quite intrigued by the 27.5+ concept, but was wondering if it is vastly different from a traditional MTB in terms of effort required to keep those big wheels turning. 

Compared to a traditional 29er. Quite intrigued by the 27.5+ concept, but was wondering if it is vastly different from a traditional MTB in terms of effort required to keep those big wheels turning.

Eish. I missed the + in the first question. It's a regular 27.5. Not a plus. I've done my time on fat bikes ????

The start of the Due South Night One at Northern Farms.

Was having too much fun to take pics during the ride, but the lines of lights snaking through the trees of the enchanted forest were something to behold.

post-70738-1433053076,8659.jpg

Guest notmyname

We're SO fortunate here in the Big Smoke to have what we do when it comes to bike parks/places to ride.

We might not have the lush greenery or mountains, but we've got a ton of guys doing tons more great work!

And I've "only" got my regular spots to be happy about:-

VG

HAP at Heia (AND... there's a new HAP coming up in Krugersdorp at the Hobby Park, work's already started on the trails)

Avianto

The Cradle loop

Cog and Sprocket at Mount Grace

The Magaliesburg loop

THEN.....

there's all the places in Pretoria too;

Groenies (haven't been in years)

Buffelsdrift

Wolwespruit

The Souf has Thaba and Rietvlei

Hakahana near Haarties

Modderfontein...

PWC Park

Northerns

Breedts

I"m sure I'm missing some here, point is we're lucky and I'm very grateful for what we have! :clap:

oh , The Spruit too.

Man o man, you've summed it up perfectly. HAP peeps are doing great work at heia. Only managed blue and red and then my bud ate the dust on the last bit of red and we had to pack it in. New section of blue is cracking. Can't wait the get a nice smooth line through those HUGE berms. Fun fun fun.

First outing back at Wolwespruit in about three weeks. Track has gotten quite vicious now. Some big rocks starting to appear, lots of fine loose sand, loose rocks, roots. Had to take it a bit calm today and not overcook it (but I did overcook my stomach, struggled quite a bit today). None the less, still fun, still pretty! Don't know how it's going to be in the middle of winter :|

http://i.imgur.com/0NOedwk.jpg

Got up yesterday, with not much to do except feed me and the dogs. Went to get my weekly shave, but the barber hadn't opened yet, so wandered up the road. Forgot about the last Sunday of the month being the urban market up at the top of my 'burb. Popped in at The Victorian Secret while stalls were being set up, and they told me that if you bought four books for R100, you'd get a free cappuccino. I ended up with macaroons for brekkie and a marmalade-addicted bear as well as java and the books :-)

post-1604-0-17178900-1433135853_thumb.jpg