• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain... it's what we've been speaking about a lot lately... because

a)we're grateful [emoji106]

b)need to plan rides around it

This week we had A LOT (and it's just started bucketing again while I tap these keys)

(Up here the Vaal Dam is supposed to reach 100% by the end of the weekend, with a flood risk to surrounding properties, while you guys down in WC are almost out of water [emoji107] .. I hope it rains soon for you guys)

So, because of how wet it's been, trails were avoided, tar it was and we chased lycra in the Cradle this morning..

we got snippets of sun here and there, but mostly overcast with a a light sprinkle...

attachicon.gifIMG_4618.JPG

I also got to play with my new GoPro a bit

attachicon.gifIMG_4615.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4620.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4621.JPG

These are some of your best photos. And that bike, wow. Love the bike

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The rain... it's what we've been speaking about a lot lately... because 

a)we're grateful  :thumbup:

b)need to plan rides around it

This week we had A LOT (and it's just started bucketing again while I tap these keys)

(Up here the Vaal Dam is supposed to reach 100% by the end of the weekend, with a flood risk to surrounding properties, while you guys down in WC are almost out of water :thumbdown: .. I hope it rains soon for you guys)

So, because of how wet it's been, trails were avoided, tar it was and we chased lycra in the Cradle this morning..

we got snippets of sun here and there, but mostly overcast with a a light sprinkle...

attachicon.gifIMG_4618.JPG

I also got to play with my new GoPro a bit

attachicon.gifIMG_4615.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4620.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4621.JPG

Awesome pics LTG. Need more of roadie pics

Majik : Bloemendal : Hillcrest : Bloemslang

Distance: 31.81km

Elev Gain: 717m

Avg Speed: 15.8kph

Calories: 977 C

First ride after my illness. This was my first time riding with clips and also switched my 34T with a 30T. My friend joined me this morning riding his 11-36 + 34T combination. He needed to keep momentum for the beginning few climbs. I did not start (felt not so good) beginning at Majik, but this changed going across to Hillcrest. The clips felt strange at the start, but I could really feel a difference in the climbing. It was not easier, but definitely more efficient. The 30T really come in handy for the hectic Hillcrest climb to the top and my legs had more energy (as well as my overall energy levels) left for the rest of track. I notice that I used fewer calories compared when riding with my 34T. I might be a tad slower (blaming it on my fitness for not riding for a week) but the climbing was easier IMO. I still stopped to rest though haha. The clips also helped me to keep my feet grounded when I went down Bloemslang over the bumpy sections. The jumps felt strange at the beginning with clips but got the hang of it later on. It was an excellent day on the bike and I am definitely going to buy (already did) a 30T.

Saw these two okes on the trail today, both of them riding the same bike as Badie with freakin golden Eagles! I couldn't help to stare.

Oh, and I used my friend's workstation pump to set my tyre pressure correctly. My tyre pressure front was definitely WAY too low last time. No wonder it burped. Luckily it won't happen again.

http://i.imgur.com/WSleD0U.jpgAfter the ride portrait shot of my bike.

I particularly like this picture :thumbup:

Thanks DJR :thumbup:

These are some of your best photos. And that bike, wow. Love the bike

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks Anything....Yip.. we share a mutual love there ^_^

Awesome pics LTG. Need more of roadie pics

Thanks LOOK... Um, don't get to used to seeing too many of  them :whistling: ... The trails call me louder than tar does...but I'll try  ;)

When the ocean looks like this from Chappies, you know the Southeaster is howling like a rabid werewolf at full moon.

Tough, very tough Atlantic ride with Beattbox & co. this morning......but also a good one, because it proved that the old ballies can still teach the 18 year olds a few tricks! :D  :thumbup:

post-17716-0-74599300-1488101622_thumb.jpg

When the ocean looks like this from Chappies, you know the Southeaster is howling like a rabid werewolf at full moon.

Tough, very tough Atlantic ride with Beattbox & co. this morning......but also a good one, because it proved that the old ballies can still teach the 18 year olds a few tricks! :D  :thumbup:

WOW let's hope it's not like that in 2 weeks...

But that view never gets old

Tough, very tough Atlantic ride with Beattbox & co. this morning......but also a good one, because it proved that the old ballies can still teach the 18 year olds a few tricks! :D [emoji106]

Nice photo DJR! I rode to the top of Chappies yesterday morning. One of the nicest rides there is imho!

1edbedaaf9588935c509ebc493307859.jpg

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Time for a 'cross bike

http://i.imgur.com/p0uSby1.jpg

You will enjoy the new freedom of being able to explore more

You will enjoy the new freedom of being able to explore more

So true that, the last 2 weekends I have roamed the gravel routes between Alberhoughton and the Vaal dam but after all the rain I decided yesterday to just take a 'little' able round the same area but just tarmac and it was also OK. Not actually a true CX bike but man I find myself riding more and more on it ...

5a7c7a8d58db36c8661cc898dfe5e5a3.jpg