Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

my bike has taken me nowhere for the last 4 days.

Friday is my rest day.

Saturday woke up and could not motivate myself to get on the bike. I knew I should as Sunday would be a short ride due to us hosting my dads 75th birthday at my place. I would need to get the spit going early.

After finishing sorting out the yard at 7pm on Saturday I was stuffed, Sunday morning I was still feeling tired so skipped Sunday too.

Monday is an early day at the office so no time to ride.

I wish I could say I've given my body 4 days of rest, but with all the running around before, during and after the party I'm feeling buggered.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Nope, there are steeper. (although this pic probably doesnt show the true steepness)

Where would you say is the steepest as a matter of interest ...

3 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Where would you say is the steepest as a matter of interest ...

I'm not sure of the steepest, but the steepest I've ridden in Alberton was in Old Alberton, a short side street where sitting and pedaling, if you did not lean forward your front wheel lifted on every power stroke.

Google maps says its Andries Pretorious Street. Although I see its only rated at 9% at its steepest.

Maybe my younger unfitter days had me thinking its much worse.

There a number of "mothers" in Edit: Mulbarton & Glenvista, not 100% which is the steepest.  Obviously length & steep is the killer .... :) 

Edited by TheoG

This one is particularly tough for me, it keeps going & going and just get steeper the further you go ....

image.png.e0f88df834fb020b6c4d393523c85aea.png

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

my bike has taken me nowhere for the last 4 days.

Friday is my rest day.

Saturday woke up and could not motivate myself to get on the bike. I knew I should as Sunday would be a short ride due to us hosting my dads 75th birthday at my place. I would need to get the spit going early.

After finishing sorting out the yard at 7pm on Saturday I was stuffed, Sunday morning I was still feeling tired so skipped Sunday too.

Monday is an early day at the office so no time to ride.

I wish I could say I've given my body 4 days of rest, but with all the running around before, during and after the party I'm feeling buggered.

I can promise you that many years down the road you will be remembering spending your dad's birthday with him, and the ride you may have had will not even be on the radar. You chose the right option, don't spend too much energy regretting your decision. Tomorrow is another opportunity to ride.

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I can promise you that many years down the road you will be remembering spending your dad's birthday with him, and the ride you may have had will not even be on the radar. You chose the right option, don't spend too much energy regretting your decision. Tomorrow is another opportunity to ride.

I'm not regretting it at all, plus I know I did enough physical activity to make up for not riding (but its not on strava so did I really do anything at all :) )

It does however feel strange to have only ridden 3 times last week instead of my usual 5

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

I'm not sure of the steepest, but the steepest I've ridden in Alberton was in Old Alberton, a short side street where sitting and pedaling, if you did not lean forward your front wheel lifted on every power stroke.

Google maps says its Andries Pretorious Street. Although I see its only rated at 9% at its steepest.

Maybe my younger unfitter days had me thinking its much worse.

I suspect we're talking about the same climb ... that's where I was

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I suspect we're talking about the same climb ... that's where I was

It is possible

1 hour ago, Trashy said:

IMG_20220228_095450.jpg.8e75447f996eb002c00c83646b217c2b.jpgstrava927043845837840265.jpg.f5cd5526eeed94c5f80dd00798d85fea.jpgIMG_20220228_111149.jpg.c270a5d5a5cbecdb39440282c77f1be7.jpgSeems I can only ride at Boschendal in 40° heat or with precipitation of some kind.

Either way, a good start to the week.

Overcooked a berm and broke a spoke -first mechanical of any kind in over 1000km.

How is Banhoek running at present? I am burning to get back there since my last ride out there August last year. I finally managed to do the full a-line of the new Bloemendal flow line this past Saturday with no issues, so I am excited to go ride someplace I haven't been to in a while.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

I'm not regretting it at all, plus I know I did enough physical activity to make up for not riding (but its not on strava so did I really do anything at all :) )

It does however feel strange to have only ridden 3 times last week instead of my usual 5

Then I won't mention my single ride on Saturday . . .(did I just say that out loud?)

16 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

How is Banhoek running at present? I am burning to get back there since my last ride out there August last year. I finally managed to do the full a-line of the new Bloemendal flow line this past Saturday with no issues, so I am excited to go ride someplace I haven't been to in a while.

Loose! But I guess that's pretty standard...

Plaisir is in great condition, Boschendal needs a little work in places but very ridable.

Banhoek is like a bike park as always.

23 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I tried to climb 1000m in the shortest amount of km

so hot I gave up 

40km 850m bergplaas Hoekwil 

D0D954B0-680B-4E89-8285-48AB4CF07A89.jpeg

1CB2EDE2-31AA-4431-BF46-C60F12F8B35F.jpeg

6 x repeats of T-Shirt hill and your work is done 

28 minutes ago, jcza said:

6 x repeats of T-Shirt hill and your work is done 

I don’t go up that one anymore 🤣Down at least once a week 

that and the tar road up to wilderness heights have both caused me to vomit