Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Any pics of the new sections?

Was too busy riding it ......... have not been to Hoogies for some time, so was more interested in just going "wwhhooohhhhoooo" on the trail

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless some maintenance starts to happen quite quickly at Rietvlei I don't think I'll be riding there much for a while ..... had to stop 4 times yesterday to move fallen down trees and low hanging branches out the way, there were some that I couldn't move however .....

attachicon.gif12241060_10154703270598521_4735103695776641112_o.jpg

Is anyone still doing maintenance on these trails or are they going to be just left to deteriorate?

I walked it one day after a build, took a video.. Will upload link shortly.

Awesome, I have been eyeing it for a while now. Would like to have a look soon

Excuse the vertical video and slow stroll..  Obviously a lot more blown out now with the lack of rain and increase in wheel traffic, but gives you an idea... And as usual, video doesn't do the scale justice..

Is anyone still doing maintenance on these trails or are they going to be just left to deteriorate?

To my knowledge as previously stated here on the hub Wendell has handed the trails back to the farm a few weeks ago and is no longer responsible (I'm sure they were sick of all the crap they have been taking from farm management and I don't blame them) 

The farm guys said they will now handle the maintenance and also be taking the corresponding revenue ...... my observation is that in the meantime no maintenance has been done and have not heard of any plans.

I little birdie told me that someone was being appointed to look after it but I have no official confirmation if it or when it will take place.

Rietvlei management has taken over, whether or not they are going to be maintaining it remains to be seen

Whats the bridge for? 

Is it another to repeat the "gorge" or is it a viewing platform?

That's the way into that section.. You head right just before 'Danger Alley' then over the bridge and climb up the left side of the gorge, about 1-2min depending how your climbing legs are.. Then back down and just as you pass under the bridge you head left back into Danger Alley or back over the bridge for more loops..

Whats the bridge for? 

Is it another to repeat the "gorge" or is it a viewing platform?

I recall it being the access to the gorge

To my knowledge as previously stated here on the hub Wendell has handed the trails back to the farm a few weeks ago and is no longer responsible (I'm sure they were sick of all the crap they have been taking from farm management and I don't blame them) 

The farm guys said they will now handle the maintenance and also be taking the corresponding revenue ...... my observation is that in the meantime no maintenance has been done and have not heard of any plans.

I little birdie told me that someone was being appointed to look after it but I have no official confirmation if it or when it will take place.

Rietvlei management has taken over, whether or not they are going to be maintaining it remains to be seen

I suppose only time will tell but my concern is that proper maintenance will be a thing of the past. HOPE I'm wrong!

This might help...

http://s11.postimg.org/yokzon175/gorge.png

Awesome, I thought you would access from the first climb and end over the bridge.

Awesome, I thought you would access from the first climb and end over the bridge.

Yeah, whats nice is you can session it for as long as your legs can hold out.. Only problem at the moment is that you then still need to complete the rest of the Hoogekraal loop to get back to the cars. Which could be crappy if you get carried away at the gorge.

Hinted to the club that we should build a way out (back to the jeep track at the bluegums on the first climb) for riders just wanting to session the gorge and then head.. Problem is it depends on the harvest time as that exit would run right through the field, but the thought is there.

Yeah, whats nice is you can session it for as long as your legs can hold out.. Only problem at the moment is that you then still need to complete the rest of the Hoogekraal loop to get back to the cars. Which could be crappy if you get carried away at the gorge.

Hinted to the club that we should build a way out (back to the jeep track at the bluegums on the first climb) for riders just wanting to session the gorge and then head.. Problem is it depends on the harvest time as that exit would run right through the field, but the thought is there.

I am looking forward to the skills park they are going to finish building .......sometime between 2016-2020 :P .... the skills park would be a nice play area.

I am looking forward to the skills park they are going to finish building .......sometime between 2016-2020 :P .... the skills park would be a nice play area.

Yeah.... :blush:  :blush:

Our build progress has been stunted by the cows.. They continually trample what we build..

BUT.. there are some sponsors onboard now that will fence the area for us asap.

Yeah.... :blush:  :blush:

Our build progress has been stunted by the cows.. They continually trample what we build..

BUT.. there are some sponsors onboard now that will fence the area for us asap.

two of the ladies riding with us have been working on the trail and they seem positive.