• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently (I don't remember a thing) I went off the bridge crossing the fence at the start of the ST at Hoogekraal. According to my Polar I must have been unconscious for over an hour before help arrived (I was riding alone on the day). Heavy concussion, shattered left radius and broken wrist, cracked right arm and some extensive scratching and scarring to my face.

The kind folks at the bike shop at Hoogekraal took me to DVille Mediclinic (I've been told) and contacted my wife, probably using my phone. I still need to go say thanks. (Please support them, they deserve it)

I suspect I may not ride before at least Nov/Dec...

Apparently (I don't remember a thing) I went off the bridge crossing the fence at the start of the ST at Hoogekraal. According to my Polar I must have been unconscious for over an hour before help arrived (I was riding alone on the day). Heavy concussion, shattered left radius and broken wrist, cracked right arm and some extensive scratching and scarring to my face.

The kind folks at the bike shop at Hoogekraal took me to DVille Mediclinic (I've been told) and contacted my wife, probably using my phone. I still need to go say thanks. (Please support them, they deserve it)

WOW, dude!

Several people I've heard of that have come off at that stile... It's not the most difficult of features, but the off camber nature of the entry means it can go wrong spectacularly when it does. I treat those things with tremendous respect since my episode with the one on the way to the carpark. 

Heal up, man. And REST!! Concussions are not cool

And yeah - the okes at that little bike shop are tremendous. Lekker little family shop, that. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Damn that's hectic! I had a friend who knocked himself out for about 5 minutes and I was crapping myself. If you were out for an hour or more it must've been really bad! Heal up

WOW, dude!

Several people I've heard of that have come off at that stile... It's not the most difficult of features, but the off camber nature of the entry means it can go wrong spectacularly when it does. I treat those things with tremendous respect since my episode with the one on the way to the carpark. 

Heal up, man. And REST!! Concussions are not cool

And yeah - the okes at that little bike shop are tremendous. Lekker little family shop, that. 

Ja, those stiles...and normally I would go "wheels free" when cresting them...at speed :eek:

:wacko:

No longer. A guy who works with helped load his buddy into the ambulance at the same spot, on the same day. The wind was rather hectic on the day.

And when I was at the hospital, the doctor who first tended to me (who was leaving for Sani2C on the eve) was telling me he just treated a dude before me who had a wipeout and is paralyzed... :eek: :nuke:

Thanks for the well wishes.

Ja, those stiles...and normally I would go "wheels free" when cresting them...at speed :eek:

:wacko:

No longer. A guy who works with helped load his buddy into the ambulance at the same spot, on the same day. The wind was rather hectic on the day.

And when I was at the hospital, the doctor who first tended to me (who was leaving for Sani2C on the eve) was telling me he just treated a dude before me who had a wipeout and is paralyzed... :eek: :nuke:

Thanks for the well wishes.

They apparently have a "hoogies trolley" at Dbville mediclinic. LOL. 

And yeah, I just flat-landed them. Now I go a bit slower. Still jump them, but not as fast. 

Damn thats hectic, Heal Up Soon, I always try to abuse them as much as possible

That looks to be the very spot, and you seem to be emulating my very behavior at those "jumps"...

and thanks Eddy.

Flip KarlvN, that's hectic! Glad you're still with us. Heal up soon.

That looks to be the very spot, and you seem to be emulating my very behavior at those "jumps"...

and thanks Eddy.

Yeah that is the first bridge and the one I abuse the most every time I am there. However if you offline a tiny about then it does get sketchy.

Dont worry before you know it you will be back soon.

Yeah that is the first bridge and the one I abuse the most every time I am there. However if you offline a tiny about then it does get sketchy.

Dont worry before you know it you will be back soon.

KarlvN - In the meantime, I propose you as the Tygerberg club's trail prefect while off the bike :ph34r:

It cleared up nicely later in the day though, and the animals came out to chill in the sun.

I assume you girls surfaced after the mist had cleared and it was above 10 degrees then ;)

I assume you girls surfaced after the mist had cleared and it was above 10 degrees then ;)

I don't have all the fancy pants suits and warmers like you pro guys.

P.s. Well done in the time trials, ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarlvN - In the meantime, I propose you as the Tygerberg club's trail prefect while off the bike :ph34r:

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: