GLASGOW WORLD CHAMPS - dirt stuff!

Shebeen

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Full DH replays available on Tiz. The commentary pairing of Rick and Neil was pretty good. Neil is so much better than Cedric. 

I think there will be a highlights vid for the marathon but I agree - pretty poor there was no live show at all. The so-called highlights they have put up for the DH are pathetic.

they only had cameras at the water points so there won't be any highights

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

image.png.7a69e3ce1b861cfb02a304a5455cef4c.png

She fell back but then was closing in the final, but you don't know if Mittewilllner was slacking off too. Pity she didn't get info/encouragement from (team/spectators) on the gap at least?

It is difficult to say, marathon is strong discipline for Mitterwallner, she starts slow and finishes strong, but the conditions looked rough and I am sure everyone was hurting out there.

7 hours ago, Shebeen said:

image.png.7a69e3ce1b861cfb02a304a5455cef4c.png

She fell back but then was closing in the final, but you don't know if Mittewilllner was slacking off too. Pity she didn't get info/encouragement from (team/spectators) on the gap at least?

We were tight on staff trying to look after all the Saffa men as well as the women.

Because the women started a full 30mins behind the mens race as well as racing the same distance as the men, things became very spread out across 4 x WP's / Tech Zones. 

We certainly didn't have a spare staff member to send up to the top of (or even half way to the top the final climb) to give a time split. It was inaccessible by vehicle, so a dedicated person would have had to ride / hike there well in advance & stay there. 

Mona did have that advantage with 10 staff members out on course for her and Alan. 

We had a race plan that Candice executed on to perfection from start to finish. Mona almost got it wrong by going a bit too hard between T3 & T4, but she held on for a well deserved win. 

Maybe things would have been different if the race was an extra 5km, but there are no comments in the results sheet ;)

1 hour ago, Action_Man said:

We were tight on staff trying to look after all the Saffa men as well as the women.

Because the women started a full 30mins behind the mens race as well as racing the same distance as the men, things became very spread out across 4 x WP's / Tech Zones. 

We certainly didn't have a spare staff member to send up to the top of (or even half way to the top the final climb) to give a time split. It was inaccessible by vehicle, so a dedicated person would have had to ride / hike there well in advance & stay there. 

Mona did have that advantage with 10 staff members out on course for her and Alan. 

We had a race plan that Candice executed on to perfection from start to finish. Mona almost got it wrong by going a bit too hard between T3 & T4, but she held on for a well deserved win. 

Maybe things would have been different if the race was an extra 5km, but there are no comments in the results sheet ;)

Awesome insight, brilliant result. Pity she's on a Cannondale but not on Team Cannondale.

Now seeing actual pictures can see how muddy it was.

It is a pity she's not on a trade team. With sufficient resources she'd have needed a time check every 10 km till the last 20 km where one every 5km would have been ideal. Just shows how special her achievement really is

2 hours ago, emme said:

Tonight SA time 18h45 on SS 206 mtb shortcourse!!Our boykie front row start,Pidcock middle of field and Sagan +vdPoel right at the back.Sooo looking forward to the action!Womens event after that.No Saffas.

MVDP not doing XCC. I'm unsure about PS.

Official starting list has Alan on pole and VdPoel as starters,unless vdPoel is a DNS.

Is the juniors xco going to be broadcast on YouTube? I can’t see anything about it but we have some strong riders in the field, I’d love to watch it. 

2 hours ago, emme said:

Official starting list has Alan on pole and VdPoel as starters,unless vdPoel is a DNS.

Then there is this: