Specialized Unveil the All-New Tarmac SL8

News bot

We’ve been waiting with interest to see the next iteration of the iconic Specialized Tarmac, and to find out what could possibly be done to make it lighter and faster than the SL7. Here is it is, sink your teeth into the full press release: One Bike to Rule them All The Tarmac SL8 creates […]

View full article

That is quite a machine! (surprisingly not more expensive than the outgoing SL7) I like that they are instantly tangible and in many places, actually available. Many other press releases show stuff that is still MONTHS away! Silly question: Why is there no Kermit paint on the leading edge of the front tyre ?

1 hour ago, splat said:

That is quite a machine! (surprisingly not more expensive than the outgoing SL7) I like that they are instantly tangible and in many places, actually available. Many other press releases show stuff that is still MONTHS away! Silly question: Why is there no Kermit paint on the leading edge of the front tyre ?

I feel like the aero paint is a show of how the frame dissects the air, so perhaps the front of the tyre is exclusive of the frame

4 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Only 230k to get to the coffee shop 16sec before my friend on our weekly 2/5 century ride.

LOL... how to tell someone you're a lawyer without telling them you're a lawyer

17 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Only 230k to get to the coffee shop 16sec before my friend on our weekly 2/5 century ride.

It's only R10k more than the SL7

All bikes at this level are crazy
Have you see what Cervelo frames are going for ?

2 hours ago, peepeekaitjie said:

which is just enough for him/her to clear the path way for your seating pleasure

1 hour ago, splat said:

It's only R10k more than the SL7

All bikes at this level are crazy
Have you see what Cervelo frames are going for ?

That the same cervelo that won Giro, tour and 2nd yesterday? 

...if so I'll take 2 

Hambini already tried to ream it but it wasn't very entertaining. Ridiculous bike at a ridiculous price. F off Spesh and those other brands mentioned above :-)